7

"Bail... Bail!" You heard Jeremy shout. Dave grabbed your hand, and ran out of the nightclub. You laughed the entire way. With little knowledge of what was happening, this would be considered terrifying. But, it was just your pissed off manager. The man had it coming, and Mr. Guy gave him warnings.

All four of you went into the elevator and stood there in silence. You could hear everyone's breathing, which was strangely comforting.

"I'm sorry I, uh, ruined your night," Mr. Guy apologized. You looked at him, smiling.

"Are you kidding? That was awesome!" You laughed.

"Yeah, Mr. Guy! Who wants to bet he peed his pants?" Jeremy asked. You and Dave raised your hands, but Mr. Guy stayed still. "Dude, you saw his face!"

Mr. Guy sheepishly raised his hand. "Hell yeah, Phil!" Dave exclaimed. Suddenly, the elevator stopped at Mr. Guy and Jeremy's floor.

"Goodnight, guys! Sleep well!" You said to them as they left the elevator. You looked at Dave and smiled. "Did you have a good night?"

"I did. Can't even lie and say I didn't. This alcohol made Fitzgerald, dare I say, tolerable," Dave joked. You hit his shoulder gently. "What? It did!"

"You don't have to admit it!" You leaned your head on his shoulder, laughing. Dave joined in, holding your hand. You calmed down and picked your head off him. You look into his eyes, your laughter dying down. It was replaced with many thoughts in your head. You glance down at his lips, wondering how they would feel on your own. You wanted to find out. "May I kiss you?" You whispered. Dave nodded, nervously.

You leaned forward and placed your lips on his, wrapping your arms around his neck. Dave brought his hands to your waist, holding you gently. There was a sense of warmth that you felt, bringing you back to the moment.  All you knew is that there is you, Dave, and the connection you had with each other. This felt... right.

The elevator dinged, signaling your arrival on your floor. You pulled away, stepping back. Dave stared at you, shocked. You grabbed his hand, and tilted your head toward the opening doors. The two of you walked back to your room. "Do you have the key, Dave?"

"Y-Yeah," Dave fumbled with the key, unlocking the door. You walked through, and pulled him in. The door shut behind him. He smiled, nervously. "Darlin'?"

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I was too direct," You said.

"No, no! It's just... I, uh, haven't kissed anyone since college. But, I can remember it didn't feel like that. Can we do it again?" Dave asked. You chuckled.

"Well, I don't know..." Dave pulled you forward, connecting your lips once again. But, there was a knock on the door. You groaned, pulling away.

"If it's Fitzgerald, I'm gonna kill him, darlin'." Dave opened the door, seeing Chauncey, two security guards, and the man from the nightclub there. Dave took two steps back from the door. They all looked angry. Dave waves. "Hi, gentlemen! Fancy seeing you here."

"Come with us, Mr. Miller, and Mx. (L/N)," Chauncey says. Dave looks back at you, deciding his options. Dave runs past him, slamming the door closed. You open the door back up immediately, making sure Dave's okay. Chauncey rolls his eyes. You see Dave struggling in the security guard's arms. The other guard was stepping towards you. They grabbed your arm, dragging you out of your room.

"Don't focking touch them!" Dave yells at the guard in a British accent. It still confuses you why he has one, maybe you'll ask him one day. Chauncey looks at him, most likely wondering the same thing. You pull your arm away, grabbing the bag you brought with you.