33

Sleep usually comes easy to you. Just not when your thoughts are racing one hundred miles per minute.  You've tried what everyone recommends, but it won't help. You can't fall asleep...

Not with him beside you.

So, you decide to get out of bed. That seems easy enough until you realize William has a habit of clinging to you at night. You're thankful he hasn't touched your injured side, that wouldn't be a pleasant experience. His arm is still wrapped around you, though, making it all the harder to get out.

You don't want to talk to him. You can't talk to him. You're scared of what he'll say about you going into the parts and service room, then getting hurt by the animatronics. If William reacted the way he did over a mere bruise, how is he going to react to a literal stab wound? It worries you. You cannot wake him up.

It doesn't look all that hard to get out, so you try wiggling your way out. You slide out from under his arm, carefully. You slowly get off the creaky bed, watching William's face to make sure he stays asleep. Thankfully he does.

You creep out of your bedroom, letting out a sigh of relief. Now, you have to put the animatronic part in the guest room and then leave to clear your mind.

Praying that the door doesn't create too much noise, you push it open. Your prayers are answered. William's suitcase is open, allowing the remnant to be used as a light source which helped you not bump into things. You quickly place the part in the suitcase so he can find it later.

You rush out the front door, carefully closing it, then begin your walk on the sidewalk. You really hope William didn't wake up.

.............................................

Clearing your mind was unsuccessful. Actually, it probably made things worse if you're being honest. It made you overthink things that you thought were already set in stone in your mind. Not the best thing to think about, but probably the best thing to ruin your mood.

So, you decide to go home. You can think the exact same thoughts at home while laying beside William so he doesn't worry. If he's worrying at all.

As you near the front door, you could make out a flame from a lighter. It illuminated the face of the man you couldn't forget even when you tried. Fuck.

When you got closer, you sidestepped William to avoid any confrontation. You aren't ready to talk to him yet. You don't want to tell him about what happened at work, or why you have bandages on your side.

Before you could even enter the house, William grabs your waist. You gasp at his sudden grip on your wound. He turns you around to face him as he lowers his cigarette. "Talk."

"About what?" You try to lie, even when you know there's no point to it. He saw the pain you expressed and he knows you're ignoring him. "Let's get to bed, okay?"

You remove his arm from your side and attempt to pull him back inside, but he stands still. "No, (Y/N). Why are you ignoring me?"

"What? I'm not ignoring you. I just needed time to myself," You make an effort to convince him, but it's clear it won't work. William stares at you. "Fine. I got hurt at work and I don't want to tell you because you would ask more questions. It just bled a lot, then Fritz helped me. I didn't want you to freak out."

"No shit I would freak out! I saw those bandages, (Y/N). It isn't a simple injury. What happened at work?"

You can't leave the conversation, it has to happen. Why put it off longer? You can tell him now, then it's over. "Yesterday morning when we had the conversation about the stuff in the suitcase, it sparked an idea. I could help you by getting animatronic parts, then you can make your creation or whatever."

"You... you went back there?!"

"Listen to me! Yes, I went into the parts and service room. I grabbed a part for you," you continue your story. You could see that William was angry, just as you thought he would be. "Then one of the animatronics hurt me. Not that big of a deal. It doesn't hurt unless someone grabs me."

"What the fock were you thinking?! You know those stupid things are dangerous! Why would you even consider- wait... did you get a part?" William suddenly stops his yelling.

You knew that William wanted more remnant, which is exactly why you started your plan in the first place. "Let me in the house and I'll show you."

He allows you in and follows you to the guest bedroom. For the second time tonight, you open the door and walk up to the suitcase. William picks up the part you placed in there earlier. A smile crept onto his face as he inspected it. It wasn't a genuine smile, that you could tell. It was more of a smile you see on villains when their evil plan strikes. Seeing it on William was terrifying. He's unpredictable.

Unpredictable is exactly how you can explain what he does. He pulls you forward and kisses you passionately. "I'm disappointed you got hurt, but you helped me a lot today. Thank you, my love. You should get back to bed."

"You should too."

"I have some work that has to be done. I'll join you later, I promise," William tells you. As much as you want to argue with him that he should also come to bed, you know that he wants to work on remnant. So you let him be.

.............................................

This was officially the worst chapter in this book. I struggled so much to hit even 700 words, and I haven't done that in like a year wtf

Anyway, sorry for this chapter, I will probably be back to change it a lot during the course of the week, so sorry about that. I've been in a weird mood all week so that's pretty sucky I guess. Thank you so much, and have a good day/night!