24

Dave had told you this morning that he was going out tonight, but you hadn't expected him to be gone when you arrived. He usually waits for you to get home, then he leaves. Has he been gone for long? You have no clue.

You've definitely noticed that Dave's been acting suspiciously. Not directly towards you, but in general he's just been weird. He doesn't spend as much time around you and he's more nervous. You don't know if you should talk to him about it. Dave likes to be private with his life, so maybe that's a bad decision.

You decided to wait for him to get back by relaxing on the couch. What can you say? It's comfortable, and it passes time.

The minute you sat back down after turning on a movie, there's a knock on your door. You wonder who it could be, considering Dave just walks right in. Jeremy and Fritz are staying at Freddy's to close up, so it can't be them. They were going to get home quickly, though. Phil seemed pretty eager to get home, you doubt it's him. There's no other option you can think of.

You open the door and see the only phone head you know, Scott Afton. You've met him through Vincent and Dave, and had a few pleasant interactions. You didn't know him well, but enough to trust him.

"(Y/N), uh, do you have time to talk? I'm sorry for showing up so suddenly, there's just something that needs to be said." You were confused about why he was here, but it was a welcome surprise. You let him into your house, shutting the down behind him.

"It's nice to see you again, Scott. I haven't talked to you in a long time!" You bring up. The last time you talked to him was when Dave first disappeared. You sit at your dining table, motioning for him to sit down beside you.

"Have you seen... Dave anywhere?" Scott asks, nervously. You take notice of the pause he took before saying your boyfriend's name.

You know that they don't know he's back, so you have to lie. "No, I've been trying to move on. Why?"

"Oh! Good! That's good," He looks down, you assume trying to think of what to say. "There's something about Dave I need to tell you. I'm sorry you have to find out this way, but I don't want you to not know. You were quite close to him, from what I could tell. You deserve to know."

Will you finally get answers? "...Know what?"

"Dave isn't who he says he is. That's not even his name!" Your eyes widen. You weren't expecting this. What does he mean? Should you be listening to Scott's words? "For as long as I've known William Afton, he's always been absolutely terrible. I'm glad he actually treated you nicely."

Your mind blanks. Who the hell is William Afton? That can't be Dave. He wouldn't lie to you about that. There's no way. Why would Scott lie to you, though? He has no reason to bring you into this.

"He was nice to you, right?" Scott asks after your silence.

"What? Of course he was!" You confirm, confused. "What are you even talking about?"

Scott sighs, upset that you didn't know. "Just... uh, don't look for him, okay? He isn't worth it. He'll ruin your life."

You got up from your chair, wanting to pace around and think this through. If what Scott is telling you is true, does that mean that anything you went through with William is true? Or is everything a lie? You don't know how you would move on if it is. What would he do to ruin your life? What does Scott mean?

"(Y/N), I know this is a lot to hear, but-"

"Yeah, Scott. It is. What the hell do you mean?! Why'd you even tell me?! I could've been fine without knowing! If Dave wanted to tell me, he would!" You yell as Scott gets up from his spot.

"So, you know where he is?"

"Clearly, I do! I don't even know who you're talking about! Who the fuck is William Afton?!" You question, trying to understand more.

"Dave IS William! Dave is fake! He isn't Texan, he's British. He had a family! A wife, and kids! He's an absolutely terrible human being if you could even call him that!" Scott explains to you. Trying to wrap your mind around this is killing you. He had a family? What happened to them? What does William even want with you?

"I'm really sorry Scott, but I need you to go. Now," you demand. You can't be around anyone right now. Especially him.

You guide Scott to the door, and he goes out without a fight. You didn't expect him to. "For your own safety, (Y/N), stay away from him. I'm sorry..." You slam the door in his face. Tears finally fall, landing on the floor. You bang your head on the door.

Then you realized, William (that name would take some time to get used to) would be home soon. There's nothing you want more than to confront him, but you know that would be a terrible decision. You'd get physically violent with your disorganized emotions.

You needed to leave. You opened the door, locking it behind you, then you ran out to your vehicle. It may not be safe to drive in this state, but there's no way you're staying.

.............................................

You arrived at Jeremy's apartment. You've been here many times before, so this visit wouldn't be different for him. To you, that was a whole other story.

You knocked on his door, waiting for him to answer. You saw his truck out in the parking lot, so you assume he's here.

"Yo, (Y/N)! What are you doing here?" Jeremy greets as he answers the door.

"Is it okay if I stay at yours tonight?" You ask. You really hope he says yes, considering you don't know if you could keep your mouth shut to Mr. Guy.

"Totally! What's the reason?"

"Oh, just... don't want to be home. Y'know how it is," You state. You for sure aren't telling Jeremy anything. There's also a chance he could figure it out on his own like he did with you and Dave dating.

Jeremy let you into his apartment. You still had to work tomorrow, no matter how much you didn't want to. "I'll just sleep on the floor."

"Really? We can't even watch a movie or something?" You really don't want to do anything right now but sleep and probably cry. "Is there something going on?"

"What? No, no! Everything's fine."

You lay on the floor, ready to fall asleep. Jeremy let you do as you please. What are you even going to do? You can't do anything in this situation. You don't want to live without him, but you can if you have to. That's the last resort. You love Dave, and you'll have to learn to love William too, you suppose. That's not what you should be focussing on. You should focus on getting answers from him. You risk him leaving again, but who cares? You can move on like you wanted to. It'll still hurt, though.

.............................................

Sorry that I scared y'all last chapter. I deleted it because I had my fun. Thanks to all of you who still read it, I guess. It's boring. I hope this chapter was okay! I want to actually get more out of the story. It'll probably be better this way. Thank you all so much, and have a good day/night!