32

The heavy door shuddered open at your pull, allowing you to see into the room. The animatronics stood in different positions than the last time you saw them, though that was expected. The children's souls need to move, you suppose.

Foxy stood by the door, watching you enter. Blanking on what to do, you wave at him. It's the polite thing to do. You make "eye" contact with the dark blue bunny in the corner. His face being torn away made it all the more unsettling.

You should've brought a flashlight with you, you notice. It's pretty dark in this room. Maybe you should go back out and grab one? But you don't feel like dealing with Jeremy's comments about you chickening out. Like he'd ever come back here.

You step towards the darkness before hearing something roll at your feet. You bend down to take a better look at the object. You smile at the sight of a flashlight. Finally, some luck on your side.

With your new source of light, you advance towards the bunny. You really had no clue what to do. You just have to collect a part, leave, and give it to William, right? It shouldn't be that hard. Except for the fact that you have to get a part. You still have to figure out how. It shouldn't be easy for you to just rip off a part, yet you didn't bring any tools in with you to help.

You stare up at Bonnie, looking for a place to start. You know well enough to start with something smaller, you can always come back.

Hesitantly, you reach for the hand (hand? paw? you aren't sure) of the animatronic. Inspecting where you could take a part seems like a good plan. You just have to remind yourself to be quick with it, you can't have someone come looking for you in here.

The hand was rusted and covered in dust that you were sure would stick to your hand after you put it down. You tug at the fingers, trying to see if any of them would be loose. Luck must be on your side today, because one was.

You pull it off, cheering at the success. You shove the finger in your pocket before turning around to leave. Now, you just have to get out of there, stay for the rest of your shift, then go home and give the part to William in hopes that he'll be happy.

Before you could even try, you feel a sharp pain affecting your side. You grasp at it, trying to make it stop. You raise your hand again, feeling a liquid substance coating your fingers. Blood.

Foxy stood beside you, way too close for your comfort. You back away, your heart racing from the stabbing pain and the situation. Focussing on the animatronic, you notice Foxy raise his hook. Not taking any chances of being struck, you push through it and hurry to the exit. You don't look back as you slam the heavy door shut.

You hurry down the hall, covering up your side. The medical kit was placed in the breakroom, that's where you have to go.

Your eyes widen as you notice Fritz eating his lunch in the breakroom. You can't not get the medkit, you need it. So, you risk it.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)," Fritz greets you. You shuffle in still gripping your side, trying to stop the blood from leaking out more. Fritz didn't seem to be suspicious of anything, you'd rather that than him knowing. You don't need his help.

You ignore the aching pain the best you can and reach for the medkit. You wince at the pulling feeling in your side as you grab it. Once you pull it down, you immediately get to work on trying to bandage and clean the wound.

Tears pricked at your eyes, clouding your vision while you clean it with a damp paper towel. The wound didn't seem to be too deep, but it was damn painful. You don't believe you'll need stitches. It's unlikely you would go to the hospital, anyway.

You move the paper towel away from the pain, hearing cautious footsteps behind you. You turn as quick as your body allowed.

It's just Fritz, there's no need to be alarmed. "Jesus (Y/N)! What happened to you?!" Okay, maybe there's a reason to be alarmed.

You go to answer but feel your knees crumble under you. You grip onto the counter, holding yourself up. Actually, you might need his help. "Chair... please, Fritz..." You request weakly.

Fritz rushes to get you a chair from the table. You give your legs a break once you sit down. "What should I do? Uh- clean it!" Fritz reminds himself and takes the paper towel from your hands. Another burst of pain went through your side. "Sorry! Sorry!"

You zone out while Fritz helps you. Your side numbed along with the rest of the pain. You just felt tired. You weren't in the condition to fight with yourself, so you closed your eyes.

.............................................

Slowly fluttering your eyes open, you are met with a bright light crowding your vision. "(Y/N)... oh god- are you alright?" The voice of your manager floods your ears.

You look around, noticing you're in the breakroom. "Uh... yeah. I guess so."

"What happened?" Foxy happened. Stupid animatronic.

You get up from the uncomfortable chair, letting Mr. Guy help stabilize you. The pain from your side definitely went down, thank god for that. "It's nothing, Mr. Guy. I just got caught on something sharp."

Mr. Guy seemed satisfied with your lie. Or he just gave up the topic. "It's been pretty slow today, so I think you should, uh, go home and get some rest. I can drive you if you need?" He offered.

There's no way you're comfortable with being around anyone right now. They would ask questions that they don't want the answers to. It wouldn't be a pretty scene if you admitted that you live, and date, a murderer and that you got hurt because of some illegal activity you're doing for him. You'd rather not take the risk.

"No, I'll be fine. Excuse me, I have to use the restroom," You told him as you left the breakroom. You quickly hurry to the bathroom and shut the door behind you.

You stare at yourself in the mirror and pull up your shirt, expecting to see the blood-covered wound. Instead, you see a roll of bandages wrapped around your lower torso. Maybe Fritz actually knew what he was doing. But now, how will you hide this from William?

.............................................

I'm pretty sure (Y/N) in this book has a very low pain tolerance lmao

Hi! Sorry for the long wait, especially with the random endings. The last chapter, this chapter, and the next is all in one day, just so you know! I could've written one big one, but I figured this would be easier for me. Also, I've now finished my exams, so I should be back to updates at least once every week (not like I wasn't before, but yknow). Thank you all so much, and have a good day/night!