43

After the much needed nap you took this morning when you got home, you decided to just keep the day quiet. You don't want to do anything too high effort or high energy. Reading was one of your options, so you started on that.

You had recently picked up a new book on one of your outings with William. It wasn't that long, it was just a small read. That's all you need right now. On that same outing, William got a new book as well. He's been reading that throughout the days and so far he seems happy with it.

He picked out a murder mystery, because he got tired of all the romance books on your shelf. You can't blame him. Sometimes you also need a bit of death to take a break from the romance. It's better than William bringing the violence out of the pages.

Reading was the little time the two of you just sat together peacefully without interruption. One of the times like right now. It's a simple time where both of you zone out into your own world, still together physically. Whether it's with William's arm wrapped you, or him laying down on your lap. Right now, it's the latter.

It's quiet in your house, only hearing the sound of pages being flipped. Until you break the silence, confused by how the story went. "Huh?" You express audibly. William stared up at you.

"What?" He asks, wanting more context. You bring the book down to show him, pointing to your confusion. William takes the book from your hands and reads the part. He snickers before handing it back to you. "He's dead."

"What? No, he isn't!" You read through the words again, trying to find where William would come up with that. There's no way the main character died, especially since he was just winning the battle. But, after scanning the paragraphs, you find that William is correct. The main character is dead. "What the fuck?! He can't die! That's not right!"

William ignores your rage and goes back to reading his book. He flips through the pages calmly, all with a small smirk on his stupid face. Your attention drifts to him, leaving the death in the dust. You rip the book out of his hands, looking at the page he's on. "Oi!" He shouted.

You study the words, trying to find a character you can make a prediction for. "Our books aren't that different, William. I bet... uhhh... she dies. Yeah, she's gonna die a painful death, alone, and she's gonna suffer."

"Don't spoil the ending, (Y/N)." He says sarcastically, before pulling the book back and continues to read. You look up at the clock on the wall, checking the time. Thankfully you did, or you would have been pushing being late for your shift. You still had to get ready and mentally prepare yourself for another night. How delightful.

.............................................

2nd Night

Fortunately, you weren't late. Jeremy arrived a few minutes after you, allowing you to start the shift. Of course, you would love to tell Jeremy to not be here at all, but you know he wouldn't listen. He's all for your safety, as much as you are for his. You would argue that you fight for his a little more, though. Especially with this plan.

It was already nearing three am, which reminded you that you're halfway done the night. Not much has happened, which you're thankful for. Having conversations with Jeremy are certainly better than running for your life from killer animatronics.

Mr. Guy had brought up the old animatronics in the parts and service room in the call today. He said that they shouldn't be able to walk around (you can disprove that), but if they do, the mask trick should work on them too. He said that they get disoriented by light as well. That's most likely the only thing you'll ever have in common with them.

What you learned during the call was that Jeremy had never encountered the old animatronics. He recognizes them, he's been in the room before, but he's never had an interaction with them. Lucky him.

"Why did you and Dave- or William- what do I call him?" Jeremy asked, still confused by your relationship. You don't blame him. It confuses you sometimes too.

You wind the music box, making sure it didn't get too far down. "Whatever you want, Jeremy. It's not like he'll hear."

"Good. Anyway, why did you and Dave hang out in there? It looks... gross. Do I even have to mention the robots? What happened to them?" Jeremy continued his questioning.

It helped that Jeremy knew about William and some of his past. He knew about the Michael parts in William's past, not what you know. That phone call to the police can't happen yet, thank god. "The animatronics are why Dave was in there. He's the reason they're broken. He likes to take the parts and use them for... other things." You responded hesitantly, deciding against bringing up remnant. That's a conversation for a different day.

Jeremy nodded, accepting your answer. "And you?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you go in?"

You checked through the cameras making sure none of the monsters have moved. They haven't. "The same reason." You leaned back in your chair, tired of this shit, already wanting to get home. Your bed seems like it would be comfier than usual right now.

Jeremy checked the cameras, taking a sip from one of his coffee cups scattered across the desk. The night shifts was taking a huge hit on him, from what you've noticed. The caffeine, the change of attitude, more covering up, less sleep, and way more stress gave it away quickly. You felt terrible that you can't be there for him more than you already are. It sucks seeing such a carefree kid change like this.

Warm coffee gets spat at the cameras, making you pay attention once again. You look and see Bonnie missing from the back room. That's not a reason to panic, yet. You grab your flashlight, shining it down the hallway, seeing if Bonnie has made his way down there yet.

Instead of the bunny, you see the fox. Foxy stood there in the centre of the hallway, almost waiting for something to happen. Jeremy stares down with you, not taking his eyes off of it.

Until he hears music coming from the cameras audio. You both rip your eyes away from the hallway, taking a short while to rewind the music box.

Jeremy's the first one to pick up his flashlight once again, lighting up the hallway. Not only is Foxy there, but Bonnie has joined him. He clicks the button on and off, flashing it. Clearly he listened to Mr. Guy's call.

The animatronics turn around, shielding their eyes from the blinking light. You watch as they retreat back to the backroom.

Glancing at the clock, you notice it hasn't even hit three yet. Are these nights getting longer every time, or is it just you?

.............................................

The book y'all were reading is this really cringe SpringTrap fanfic I read on call to my friends. Hope you enjoyed the little spoiler 💀

RIP queen Liz I bet you're having fun with your old Dino besties

I'm sorry for the chapter never coming out when I say it will! I just never have motivation. Short end note because I have nothing really to say. So, thank you so much and have a good day/night!