41

(C/F) = Cake Flavour

(C/N) = Cat Name

.............................................

9 Days Ago, October 30th (i forgot to do this when it was actually the time oops)

You have always tried to be on top of peoples birthdays. Remembering to wish someone a happy birthday was not a problem for you. If it was anyone that you knows special day, you'd be aware of it.

Today isn't just anyones birthday, not at all. It's William's. You weren't all that excited for it to come. It seemingly popped up out of nowhere, too. You just were not ready for it. You haven't prepared anything or do you know if William even wants to do anything. So, you just have to trust what you have mapped out in your mind and hope it's okay.

This is the first birthday of his that you'll be spending with him and not Dave. You didn't do anything for Dave's birthday either. Granted, he didn't go around telling everyone his birthday, nor did he have it printed onto anything. Because of this, it's not your fault.

The point is that you have to make it nice for him. But you aren't exactly sure how to do that. So you're relying on the past to figure out a gift for him...

And you think you've found the perfect one.

This morning, you found William clearly admiring the cat in the newspaper. The story was that the cat got stuck in a tree and some local teens got it down. You'd think in a town like this there would be more pressing news to cover. But no, the cat is definitely more important. Which is exactly what William thought when you said good morning to him. Not a thought passed through his mind about your words. Not even a single glance your way. So, you formed your plan around that.

But there always seems to be a downfall to your plans, even with this one. William hasn't told you, but you've observed it; he has a cat allergy. Every time a cat is around him he's there supplying noise with his sneezes and sniffles. It isn't a life threatening allergy, it's most likely just a mild inconvenience to his life. This fact made you think your plan was over, until you found another solution. Hairless cats.

You did your quick research and found out it isn't the hair that makes William sneezes, it's the saliva that gets on the fur. So, if you were to get a hairless cat for William, he'll just have to be careful. Besides, if he doesn't want the cat, you'll take them and kick William out. Simple as that.

The cat will be a big part of the gift of course, but you're also going to get him a mug. He needs something to drink tea out of and he takes all of your cups and "loses" them in the guest room (you're sure if you went in there and looked, you'd find 3 of them). Now he'll be forced to reuse his own mug. Also, you'll bake a cake, it's what you usually get for a birthday, right? As long as it goes according to plan, William's birthday will be a success. You'll make sure of it.

.............................................

William was out of the house like he said he would be, so that gave you the time to bake the cake. You already ran all the errands you had to run, such as picking up the gifts and miscellaneous things. The cat was all settled in the cat bed you picked up for them. You haven't named them yet, as you are waiting for William. They are his gift after all.

You decided on a (C/F) cake for him. It doesn't have to be anything big, but it's for a special occasion.

The cake was finally ready so you set it on the counter, just waiting William to get home. He said he wouldn't be gone for too long, so he'll be back soon.

You step into the living room, looking at the new addition to your home. They're sleeping, so you didn't want to touch them and wake them up. They really are the cutest thing, even if they don't look like the standard cat. It's the equivalent to someone being completely bald, just in cat form. Which you could argue is better. You just hope to god that William's allergies, and William himself, will be okay with them. Because there is no way in hell that you're giving up this precious little one.

Not long after you step away from the cat, the front door opens. William walks in and from what you could tell, he seems stressed. You greet him as he begins to take off his coat. "Here, let me take it," You grab it from his hands and place it on the hanger. He starts to walk away, before you pull him back to you. "Happy birthday, William!" You run your fingers through his hair, knowing this helps him destress.

William gives a small smile at you remembering his special day. "Thank you..." He mumbles. You pepper his face with soft kisses, making him grin and push you away gently.

"Okay, are you ready for your gifts?" William nods, keeping up a positive attitude. You decide to reveal the smaller gift first, waiting to show him the cat. You have to prepare him. The mug was barely wrapped, but it was in the box and the box was placed in a bag. You hand it to William and he takes it out. "Just something strictly for your cups of tea. No more using my nice cups and "losing" them." You use air quotations to express how you feel about your missing cups.

"What do you mean? They went missing!" William tells you. He opens the box to see a black mug with purple aspects. He inspects it, before giving a nod of approval. "Thank you, love. It looks great. Comfortable too."

"One year older and you're already acting like you're fifty. Truly tragic." You tease William. He gasps, offended. He packs the mug back up, muttering about how he's still thirty-four. You don't want to question whatever he means by that. "Don't freak out at the next gift. I did my research and you'll be fine as long as you're careful, okay?"

Williams eyes widen, wondering what you could mean by that. The possibilities are practically endless for what it could be.

You go into the living room, scooping the sleeping cat up into your arms, being as gentle as you can be. Then you bring them over to William, who was immediately shocked at the sight. He didn't expect this.

"So... what will you name them?" You ask him. Personally, you don't want to continue just calling the cat "the cat". You figure that will get annoying quickly.

William reached his hand up hesitantly, petting the cat. He seems unbothered by the texture and feeling of them, just fascinated. It was quite cute. "Can I... hold them?" He holds out his arms, waiting for the cat to be placed in his arms.

"Of course, Will," You pass the sleepy cat to him. "Just don't get them too close to your face. They can still trigger some allergies-"

"(C/N), you're lovely!" William exclaims petting the cats head softly. You're confused about the name he said.

"(C/N)?"

"That's their name! I think it fits them perfectly, don't you think?" William smiles, cradling (C/N) in his arms. You never would have expected this from him. This is probably the most fatherly he has ever been in his entire life.

William sets (C/N) down carefully, watching them saunter back to the living room, presumably to go back to sleep. "It's great, William. Now, I baked you some cake earlier, if you're up for it?"

Right after the words left your mouth, William pulled you forward into a kiss. You melted into it, moving your hand to his shoulder. Actually being able to celebrate something with your kisses felt special.

William pulls away, catching his breath. "Well, my love, the cake is waiting."

.............................................

I'm editing this tomorrow im so tired. Sorry for the shit ending, and not updating for like 10 days, whoopsie. I want to stay a chapter behind blueycapsules, so the chapters might be pretty spread out. And they're pretty long. Or at least they should be.

I know I could have just said William doesn't have a cat allergy, but I didn't want to, so I just toned it down. Let's hope William doesn't step on the cat like he did Penelope. She was actually the real victim of fnaf all along.

Anyway, thank y'all so much for 25k reads, and have a good day/night!