Chapter Eleven - Preparation and Departure (pt. 1)

The next day I get up early and go for a run with Growler then go over what I've been training him, making sure he follows each command properly, then I take him back into the bunker and feed him then get dressed in a fresh pair of jeans and a t-shirt and put my jacket on and grab the knife I bought and brass knuckles then go to Fog Meadow Valley to get some clothes and supplies. Starting with the thrift store I get five t-shirts - two black, two red, and one light gray - four long sleeve shirts - one deep blue, two red, one black - six pairs of jeans - one faded and ripped blue jeans, one fairly new blue jeans, two ripped gray jeans, one skinny black jeans, and one faded black jeans - and two pairs of sneakers - one red one black. I also find two large black luggage bags, a red laptop bag, and a black backpack.

After I take all that back to the Bunker I go to the pet store and get a fifteen pound bag of puppy food, a bag of cat treats, six cans of wet cat food, a three pack of tennis balls, and a shark squeaky toy. Then I look around the stores in town but don't find any school type things so I take the things I bought from the pet store to the Bunker too then I take Growler out for another walk then leave him some food and water and start walking back to the town where Moonlight Academy is. When I get there I walk around till I find the supermarket and go in, ignoring everyone around me. Inside the supermarket I get four notebooks, two pads of paper, an eraser, a pencil sharpener, a box of pencils, and a binder.

Next I decide to walk around town a bit and see what else there is that I could want or need and right away the weapon's shop next to the ice cream parlor that's directly across the street from the supermarket catches my eye so I cross the street then walk over to the weapon's shop and head inside where there's weapons all over on racks, in display cases, mounted on the wall, and sitting in barrels. I start looking around at all the weapons - there's basic weapons like axes, swords, daggers, spears and bows - but also weapons like halberds, maces, lances, war hammers, bolas, shuriken, throwing knives, flails, and scourges. There's also sharpening stones, sheaths, scabbards, utility vests and belts as well as maintenance tools and cleaning solutions for weapons. After looking around for a bit I grab a utility belt, cleaning solution, sharpening stone, and a dagger with a sheath and go up to the front counter and set them down.

The man behind the counter looks at the things I set on the counter then looks at me and says "Can I see your ID please?" I raise an eyebrow but pull out my ID and hand it to him. After a few moments he nods and hands it back to me then rings up my items and puts them in a canvas bag while I take money out of my wallet and put my ID back. After I pay I thank the man and leave the store then start heading through the town to start on my way home. I go around to the other side of the weapon's shop and see a tailoring and clothing shop {You should go in} Ember suggests {Why?} I respond {Because you could do with some clothes that are new instead of thrifted - y'know - so you can look nice for your first day of school?} Ember says and I roll my eyes and raise a hand to brush the hair back from my face and catch sight of the scars on my palm {And maybe you could get some gloves in there so don't have to constantly conceal those scars around people} Ember adds and I sigh and walk over to the store and walk inside.

Inside there are clothes everywhere of course but also boots, belts, cloaks, jewelry, and some purses. As I'm looking around a woman with blonde hair up in a bun, blue eyes, and dressed all in black walks over to me with a smile "Hello Miss - are you new around here? I haven't seen you before" she says and i nod "Are you looking for anything in particular?" the woman asks "Uh yeah actually - I was thinking of getting some leather gloves and maybe a new leather jacket" I say "I see - is this by any chance a 'first day of school' shopping trip? Most of my new customers are new students to Moonlight Academy or their parents and guardians" the woman says "Yes actually" I say and the woman nods "Right - then may I also suggest a new pair of boots to go with said gloves and jacket?" she says and I shrug "Sure" I say and she grins "Follow me - I may have something that's perfect for you" she says and starts walking off to the opposite side of the store and I follow.

When the woman gets to the other side of the shop she starts going through the jackets hung on the rack, occasionally looking back at me. After a couple minutes she pulls out a black leather jacket with a zipper that goes diagonally across the chest with a belt to secure it at the waist and zippered pockets at the sides "How's this?" she asks as she holds it up for me "Actually that's fairly close to what I had in mind" I say with mild surprise "Perfect - now if you'll hold onto this I'll go grab a pair of boots you may like" she says and hands me the jacket "Wait here" she says over her shoulder as she walks off. After about five minutes she walks back over with a show box in her hands and carefully pulls out a black leather ankle boot with black soles and black laces  "This appears to be in your size and style, yes?" she says "May I?" I say, holding my hand out "Of course" she says as she hands me the boot and I start examining it, lightly tugging at the leather and laces. After a few minutes I nod "Sturdy - these will do" I say and hand it back to the woman, who puts it back in the box "And you said you wanted gloves yes?" she says and I nod "I have some up at the counter - follow me" she says and starts going back to the front of the store.