Chapter Twelve - Moving In (pt 3)

I open the door and immediately find my roommate, sitting on the floor, listening to music on her black and purple cat ear headphones and sharpening her duel ended scythe- she has long black hair with three purple highlights on one side worn in a braid, violet eyes, pale skin, and is wearing a thin black hoodie open over a violet shirt, faded black ripped jeans, black fingerless gloves, black combat boots and a black choker with a pentagram in the center at her throat, what appears to be a family ring on a chain - an ornate wide band silver ring with black and blue stone. I knock on the wall inside "Hello?" I say in a raised voice so she can hear me.

She pulls her headphones down around her neck as she looks up at me and I note that she's wearing two very different earrings - a silver cuffed earring with two silver chains connecting the cuff to the moon stud earring and another chain dangling from the moon with a star on the end and a simple silver skull stud in her right ear. "Hi you must be my new roommate!" She says  as she sets her scythe aside and gets up then walks over to me and holds out her hand "The name's Rosealine Wisp - but you can just call me Rose or Rosy - everyone else does - also I love your jacket!" she says and I nod as I shake her hand "Thanks - and you can call me Alex and this is Growler" I say as I point to him standing at my feet and she grins "oh my gosh he's so cute! I'm raising a fox too her name is Lynx - she's in the pet room right now" she says "Got it" I say "so are you excited?" She asks

"I... guess?" I say and she laughs "I know it's school but it's actually really great here - school here is usually fun" she says and I raise an eyebrow "usually?" I respond and she nods "Sometimes accidents happen.... also exams kinda always suck" she explains "I see...." I say as she picks up her headphones and scythe "well I'm gonna go out for a bit while you get settled- talk to you later!" she says and I nod at her as she walks past me. I look around at the room - both sides of the room have a loft bed with a desk and chair underneath it with a computer and a dresser and at the opposite end of the room is a short hallway with a door on either side. I go to what is clearly my side of the room since it's untouched and plain and I start neatly putting my clothes in the dresser, then I set Growlers bed and dishes down and note that there's a pet bed and dishes on  a mat near Rose's bed.

Next I fill Growlers food and water and he starts eating as I go to the short hall and open the doors to see they're two bathrooms with a shower, small bathtub, sink, toilet, and a laundry bin. I step inside the unused bathroom and starts putting my soap, shampoo, etcetera inside. After that I sit down at the desk and turn on the computer sitting there and I also take out the smartwatch turn it on - both are already set up with the bare minimum information - my name, classes, schedule, map of the school, and digital copies of textbooks - I start setting them up more to my liking for better use. Once I've done that I put on the watch, turn off the computer and put everything else away I go back out to the common room, almost everyone has left to go do their own thing Only Allyssa, Rose, and Amarra are in the common room - Allyssa and Rose are talking on one of the couches and Amarra is on her phone in the corner.

As I walk in they all look up at me and Allyssa and Rose wave at me while Amarra just looks at me for a moment before going back to what she's doing. "Alex c'mere!" Rose says and I raise an eyebrow but walk over "Get everything all set up how you want it?" She asks and I nod as I look down at them "Good" Allyssa chimes in "So what's your schedule? We were wondering if you're in any of our classes" Rose says and I notice Amarra looking at me again from the corner of my eye as I look at Rose and  Allyssa"I was actually going to go for a walk around campus - maybe I'll tell you when I get back" I say and Allyssa looks a tad disappointed but Rose nods "Got it - see ya later roomie" she says and I nod again then head out

{My goodness you managed to be civil to strangers for an extended period of time - I think this might be a new record} Ember says, amused and I growl softly as I walk {Shut up you and I both know I have no choice of I want to be able to stay here and keep a low profile} I respond and she chuckles but doesn't say anything more and I keep walking, wondering what I just got myself into.