Chapter 2

Maddie went on her phone and switched Instagram on. She expressed to have around thousands of direct messages. But there was only one. She clocked on it.

From: abbicrombie123

Hey Maddie. You probably won't open this because you get so many DMS a day. But I'd like to say that your so lucky to have a sister like Kenzie. And I'm not saying that because I'm a fan, I'm saying it because she's so sweet. Your really nice too. I wish I had your life. Bye ( if you read this please reply!) thanks. Bye xxxxxxx Abbie

Maddie stared at it. She had nothing else to do, so she replied.

To: abbicrombie123

Hey there Abbie. Glad to hear a fan actually doesn't want us to follow any accounts. Can't text for long, but your right, I do have the best sister. Bye -Maddie xx

Oh no! Now she was going to get so many more DMS. Oh well. Melissa called Maddie from downstairs. Maddie went down.
"Maddie," she said. "You DMED a fan. I told you. I told you." Maddie groaned. "You let Kenzie. WHY IS MY LIFE SO DIFFERENT TO KENZIE!" Maddie shouted. Kenzie went outside like there was nothing to worry about, but her little sister was going to have life changing things when she was older. Melissa sighed. "Sweetie, I treat you and Kenzie the same. And I know how to look after kids. I've been dong it for a good few years. If you had different parents you would be in dancemo-" "I DONT WANT TO BE IN DANCEMOMS!" Maddie interrupted. "DONT YOU GET THAT! I hate having such a stressed life..." She said.

Melissa gave Maddie a strange look. "Don't you like dancing?" She asked. "I love dancing more than anything. I just hate having to put it in front of everything else in my life!" Maddie explained. Kenzie came in.
"If we don't do Dancemoms then we won't be famous. Every child dreams of being famous," Kenzie said. Maddie threw her arms in the air. "KENZIE! IF ANY CHILD HAD OUR LIVES, THEY WOULD WAN TO GIVE IT UP AFTER AN HOUR!" She screamed.

After Maddie had calmed down a bit, Melissa took Kenzie and her on a walk. "Sweetie, if you want to stop dancing. You can," Melissa said. Maddie stared at her mom. "Your joking," she laughed. " I know your joking. And I know because you wouldn't dare want me and Kenzie to stop. Because you don't care. You only care that your perfect daughters are famous! Isn't that right!" Maddie shouted. Melissa shushed her before she could draw attention.

"It is right...." Maddie whispered. "You know it is."

That night, Maddie lay awake. She couldn't believe her mother had actually only started Ke Zoe and herself in dancing because of the fame. It hurt just to think about it. She groaned. Her phone beeped. It was Instagram. A DM.

From: abbicrombie123

OMG! You replied. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love you. Can we be friends? Abbie xxx

Maddie thought about replying, but she didn't. She didn't have time to do what normal kids would do. She didn't have time to watch movies, go to the cinema, or just, having a family movie night.
It was only about dance.

And dance always came first in her life. In her stressful, stressful life.