Chapter 10

Maddie woke up to a sharp pain in her leg. she reached into her pocket and pulled something out. it was her phone. she switched it on and opened up messages. none.

that wasn't a surprise. she clicked on instagram. everything was the same. no missed calls, texts, anything. maddie screamed.

As she climbed out of the tree, she heard some voices. She kept quiet and climbed out. When Maddie was out of the tree, she ran into the bushes. It was so good to run around. A lady walking by spotted her, and went over.

"Madison Ziegler," she said. Maddie turned around and faced the woman. She knew she looked a wreck, though she really didn't care.

"Hey," Maddie replied. The woman took a step back.

This is my chance maddie thought. The moment the woman turned around, maddie started running. she didn't care where she ran, as long as she got out of there.

Two hours later, maddie felt as if you could cry. she was in a city. though she didn't know which one. she just ran for her life. as she walked past several restaurants, she realised she was starving. she went up and started queuing at a take away. she knew she had money in her pockets.

Kenzie (this means with kenzie now)

Kenzie started crying. Maddie has never run away. ever. And when she thought about it, Kenzie always begged her not to. Police were downstairs. Kenzie ran down. "TELL ME YOU FOUND HER!" Kenzie screamed. The police sighed and shook their head. Kenzie wanted to kick them so hard. Melissa wasn't cryng, though her eyes were an unbelievably red colour. Kenzie felt sick suddenly. She ran to her room and cried. She cried until she couldn't cry anymore.

Maddie

As the sun went down, Maddie decided to go. For the last few hours, she had been at the beach, eating ice creams, getting take aways. If she hadn't have been by herself, it would have been the best day out ever. Suddenly, her phone vibrated. Sh reached in. 20% left. Since there wasn't much percent left, she dialed Kenzie.

"Kenzie hey," Maddie said as calmly as possible. "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING! MOM IS ALMOST DYING!" Kenzie screamed. Maddie looked at the nearest sign post. She hung up and dialed 911.

"Hi, this is Madison Ziegler. If you want me, come pick me up at 31st Street."