Chapter 5

Maddie cried into her pillow. She had left ALDC./ She knew she had left ages, but she still couldn't take it in. She wanted to dance. She wanted her feet to move to music, her body to jump. She got up and switched on "Sugar" by Maroon 5. She started to dance. As she did a leap, she bumped her head off one of the shelves. "OUCH!" she shouted. she rubbed her head, and as she did, her hand bumped off one of the screws. it came loose. tons and tons of stuff came spilling on top of Maddie's head. Before she could even scream, she was down on the floor, and knocked out.

When she woke up, she was in a white room with lights in her face. her head hurt, so she decided to keep her head on the pillow. she felt around. her head was in a bandage. voices came from behind a curtain. "Mom?" she said. the voices kept talking. she sat up. she was changed into a white sleeping dress. she climbed out, and then she realized she couldn't move. pipes were on her arms and attaching her to some liquid. she lay back down.

when the curtain finally opened Melissa and Kenzie were behind it. Melissa's face was so pale and worried looking, Maddie wanted to cry. "MOM! What the heck happened to me. Why am I even here!" Maddie screamed. Melissa shook her head. "Honey, you were knocked out. Tons of things fell on your head," Melissa explained. Kenzie went over and sat on the hospital bed.

"We're in hospital," Kenzie said smiling. Maddie suddenly got angry. Why hadn't they just put ice on her head.

"Well, am I sick?" Maddie asked. Melissa laughed her face gradually getting back to it's normal colour. "Only if you count a sore head at being sick," she said. Maddie lay down again. She started to relax.

A while later, Melissa came back. She had a huge bunch of flowers in her hand. She handed them to her.

"They're from ALDC. The girls and Abby got them for you," Melissa said. Maddie didn't take the flowers. Melissa took her hand and put them in. Maddie dropped them on the floor.

"I don't want them," she moaned. Melissa sighed. "MOM! I SAID I DON'T WANT THEM!" she shouted. Melissa got up and walked away. Maddie moaned and threw her head back, banging her head. "OOOOUUCCCHHHH!!!!!" she screamed, but Melissa kept walking.