Chapter 16

Maddie

As Maddie walked into the room where Kenzie lay, her eyes didn't even want to look.

She knew who lay there. Finally, when she looked up, her eyes filled up with so many tears, it was impossible to describe.

She sat down on the bed and help Kenzie's hand.

"Kenzie," she began. "I know I might not have been the best sister. I'm the worst sister. But you have to live. Please wake up. Wake up from the coma, wake up!" Maddie begged.

Kenzie didn't move.

Maddie gave her sister a kiss on the cheek. "Please Kenzie," she whispered into her ear. "Wake up."

Flashback

Maddie and Kenzie both were on the grass.

"Kenzie?" Maddie asked. Kenzie laughed. "Are you gonna say my name over and over all day. That's the third time this minute," Kenzie laughed. Maddie giggled. Maddie giggled whenever Kenzie laughed.

"I'll always be your sister," Maddie said. "Maddie! Stop saying that. It's not as if somethings going to happen to me," Kenzie said. And they both laughed.

End of flashback

Maddie

It brang tears to Maddie's eyes just to think about that. "Wake up for me!" Maddie begged her sister. "Just wake up. Don't leave me!"

Kenzie lay there. The machine kept going. Maddie didn't understand why this had to happen. Tears spilled down Maddie's fake and onto Kenzie's hand.

"Just wake up," Maddie said one last time.

"Kenzie," Maddie said. "I have to go. Please remember this one thing. Promise," Maddie said.

"I'll always be your sister," Maddie said. The tears coming from Maddie were like a waterfall.

"Remember that."

And she walked out of the hospital room.

Want it to be the end? Or not?