{10} Bust my gun and take the charge

"Hanhan, it's 'Kei samchon', not 'gay samchon'." Heeseung corrected his son, but the younger ignored him and ran into Kei's arms, hugging the tall male.

"I mean, he's not wrong," Kei smirked at Heeseung who rolled his eyes. 

The mafia boss smiled as he saw the interaction between the two males. Kei had been one of the first people he had introduced Haneul to, and the younger boy had taken an immediate liking to him. Kei had also been Heeseung's friend since childhood - one of the first people Heeseung had grown attached to and learnt to trust. 

In fact, Kei was one of the only people who Heeseung would willingly listen to, because 1) Kei was in fact older than him, and although Heeseung was an asshole, he was a respectful asshole, and 2) because Kei was like one of those parents that were always right no matter what. 

Heeseug hated to admit it, but he found himself adoring the older male for his involvement in his and Haneul's lives, but he would never say that out loud. 

Especially not right now, when there was his curious pink-haired kindergarten teacher who would not stop side-eyeing him. He had come back just in time to see Kei talking to Sunoo, but judging from the younger male's reaction, he was certain Kei had said something to him. 

He needed to know exactly what before there was any trouble. You see, although Kei was extremely trustworthy and reliable, he had horrible timing and Heeseung knew the older must have babbled something to Sunoo.

Heeseung moved closer to the pink-haired boy who was already looking at him curiously and he gave a very (out of character) sheepish smile. "Are you alright, darling?" Did Kei hyung say anything weird to you? He held back from asking.

Sunoo just nodded, pursing his lips because he suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable knowing that Heeseung was definitely hiding something from him. It's not that they were even close enough to know personal things about one another, but since Sunoo was living in Heeseung's house and there was obvious tension between them, he'd assumed that he could consider the other to be his friend at least.

Heeseung tightened his grip on Sunoo's hand at the awkward reaction, suddenly feeling the urge to kick Kei out of his house. 

"Are you staying with us today, gay samchon?" Haneul asked curiously with wide eyes, making the older male chuckle.

"Yes, gay samchon is joining your appas today. I heard we have quite a big day planned, right?" Kei asked as he turned and faced Sunoo.

The pink-haired male would've replied, but he was too caught on the fact that Kei had referred to both him and Heeseung as his 'appas'. The pink-haired male felt his heart leap in his chest as he momentarily forgot about his suspicions of Heeseung.

Kei called me Haneul's appa - but it's true in a way, I am like his father figure now. Sunoo suddenly felt giddy and all his awkwardness had dissipated. A cough tore him away from his thoughts and he looked up to see all three boys staring at him with curious gazes.

"Sorry, what was that?" Sunoo asked and he flushed slightly when Kei sent a knowing smirk his way. 

"What are the plans for today?" He repeated and Sunoo cleared his throat, remembering the huge plan that he had created before he had arrived here.

"Well, first of all, we're going shopping." He smiled brightly and Haneul cheered loudly in Kei's arms, while Heeseung sent Sunoo a weary look. 

"I don't think we can take Haneul to the mall. Not with me and Kei hyung there, and not without us there either." Heeseung said with a slight frown.