The Apology

By- BarthVader

Summary: Marie tries to react maturely to Edd and Kevin going on a date.
******************************

It was a normal summer evening. The red sun was hiding behind the horizon, the sky was devoid of clouds and the breeze gently blew on the face of a beanie head boy.

He was returning from a date. With another boy.

Recently he and Kevin, not knowing about each other's plans, had both decided to come out as bisexual. After the initial surprise the jock asked him out. As he put it himself: 'Why not? You're smart, polite, a little bit of a whiner, but hey, everybody has flaws'. Edd agreed out of curiosity rather than anything else.

The date ended up quite well. They didn't attract anyone's attention, mostly because Edd looks like a girl, so they had enough time to chat about life, their outlooks on it and how the pizzeria waiter should be fired for being rude. While it hadn't been a huge success, they both enjoyed it, or so our protagonist thought.

Edd was thinking whether Kevin is the right sort of person for him. On one hand, being the confident athlete and a party animal, he was complete opposite of him. On the other, during their shared meal he appeared to be a good man, with a well-defined moral code (that aspect of him improved a lot since three-four years earlier) and with a few shared interests, mostly related to machinery.

Deep in thought, the boy unlocked the door of his house, entered...

"Oh, you're finally back. How was the date with that jock, what's-his-name?"

...and almost died of a heart attack.

In the room, leaning against the wall stood a girl. She wore a black tank top, dark green pants with a mismatched pink belt, and black running shoes. Her hair was dark blue and a fringe covered her right eye.

"W-w-w-w..." he tried to say, 'Why, hello, Marie, what a surprise to see you here.', but was too scared to actually spit anything out.

She stepped forward. The boy tried to back up, but hit a wall. The girl grabbed his wrist.

"We need to talk."

Marie dragged the boy to the dining room. Then, she sat him down near the table.

"Wait here a sec."

She left the room, leaving the boy alone with his thoughts. Mostly going around the topic of quick and painless suicide methods. Whatever Marie prepared for him, wouldn't be pleasant. His mind projected a few worst-case scenarios. He decided to close his eyes and wait for the merciless girl to return with the instruments of torture.

After a minute or so, he heard the footsteps, marking the return of the unwanted guest. Judging by the sound, she put three objects on the table and sat on the chair.

"Double D..." she said.

I don't want to look, he thought. He didn't react.

"Double D." she repeated, more firmly than the last time.

The boy began to shake a bit.

"Eddward." Marie was annoyed. He decided to answer her so as to not increase her wrath.

"W-w-what?"

"Could you please quit having a panic party and open your fucking eyes?"

The boy did as ordered, to notice the girl sitting opposite him, with a bottle of coke and two glasses standing next to her.

"Now look." she grabbed a bottle. "This is an unopened bottle of coke. I am opening it now." she said slowly, unscrewing the cap. "Now, I'm pouring it to the glasses." She did so and took a sip from both of them. "I drank from both. Neither drink is poisoned nor spiked nor tampered in any other way. Is it enough, or am I supposed to chain myself to a fucking radiator and eat the key to have a normal discussion with you?"