Starstruck

By- Peach Creek

Summary: Edd's nightmares have been keeping him up at night. Kevin convinces him to take a nap, but will Kevin be enough to stop the fear?
**********************
Kevin was still in the shower when the doorbell rang. Dammit, Edd... He knew the boy liked to be early, but this was just ridiculous. He viciously scrubbed the last of the shampoo out of his hair and shut the water off. He nearly tripped on the shower curtain as he lunged for a towel. He rubbed himself dry from the waist down as fast as he could, threw on a clean pair of boxers, and scrambled into his jeans. Stumbling down the stairs, he tried to simultaneously dry his upper half and button his pants, arriving at the door just as the second ring of the doorbell echoed through the house. He threw the door open, ready to give his little man a hard time about it, but the words caught in his throat.

Edd was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, attire usually reserved for the safety of his own bedroom and nowhere else. His shoes were untied, only one of them actually fully on his foot, and his posture was slumped. His face seemed much paler than usual; the dark bags under his eyes were a sharp contrast to the whiteness of his skin. The only thing that was perfectly in place was his hat, a hat that Kevin now tugged playfully down over Edd's eyes.

"I-I apologize for my early arrival, I j-just..." A single tear tripped down Edd's face.

Kevin smiled gently. "C'mere," he said, wrapping a hand around Edd's neck and pulling him closer.

They stood like that until Eddy shouted at them to get a room from across the street. Kevin flipped him off and pulled Edd into the house, shutting the door softly. Edd stayed buried in Kevin's chest until he could control his urge to cry. Pulling back with a sniffle, he glanced up and smiled.

"You're wet," he stated. He adjusted his hat. "Did I interrupt your shower?"

"Nah." Kevin waved him off. "I was done anyway. Let's go upstairs."

Edd sank onto Kevin's bed, hands folded neatly in his lap. Kevin turned the TV on, threw a shirt on, and sat behind his boyfriend, pulling him back against his chest and rubbing those skinny shoulders. Edd allowed himself to relax, rubbing his face with his hand. He felt so safe in Kevin's arms.

"So what's wrong, babe? Still having nightmares?" Kevin planted a kiss behind the boy's ear.

Edd sighed. "Yes. I managed to sleep for nearly two hours last night, but I couldn't bring myself to try to sleep after I woke up." He rubbed his eyes-Kevin bit his knuckle to stifle a moan at the cute gesture-and made a noise of discontent. "I'm so tired, Kevin..."

Kevin shifted so he was leaning up against the headboard of his bed. He motioned for Edd to join him. They snuggled up together, Edd gently gathering a handful of Kevin's shirt in his fist and resting his head on Kevin's chest. Kevin grabbed his game controller from his bedside table.

"I'm going to play video games for a while. I want you to take a nap," Kevin said softly, kissing the boy on the forehead. He shushed Edd's halfhearted protests. "I really don't mind. Far from it. Just take a quick nap. If you have a nightmare, I'll be right here for you. Okay?"

Edd nodded and let his eyes slide shut. He nuzzled in closer and breathed in Kevin's scent. A tiny smile lit his lips and within minutes he was asleep. Kevin smiled, satisfied, and hit the start button, switching on the subtitles so he could play without waking his little dork.
°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~

Edd opened his eyes and blinked several times, trying to remember where he was. Messy desk, clothes on the floor, soda cans in the corner... His mind raced, trying to place the familiar surroundings. He yawned and tried to stretch, but his arm met resistance. Turning his head, he found himself next to a very familiar torso.Kevin...? But...that must mean...I successfully napped! This is great! Mood considerably brightened, he wrapped his arms around Kevin.