The Same Mountian Lodge

By-mOnster-without-a-name

Summary: It was a tradition for Kevin and Edd to go to the same mountain lodge every year together. Now Edd has decided to keep up that tradition even if this time he is alone.

WARNING: Sad, sad, sad, sad one-shot...feels will kinda get damaged
****************************
Edd didn't know why he'd come back this year, it had been a tradition; every year Kevin and Edd would go up to the same mountain lodge and spend a week out on the snow during winter. But last year up in the same mountain lodge they went to every year Kevin had left to go skiing and had skied right of the ledge of a cliff. It was at the same mountain lodge Edd had ran outside to see the ski patrol bringing Kevin's limp body up the slope to an ambulance and it was the same mountain lodge Edd had cried himself to sleep on his last night there. By himself. Yet, here he was again. By himself. It had felt like the right thing to do at the time; to continue their tradition despite being alone. Despite being by himself. But now he had arrived that was all he could think of; he was all. By. Himself.

It was his second night there and he still hadn't gone out onto the snow, instead standing inside the lodge in his coat looking outside. But he never ventured outside; his eyes did all the exploring. So his eyes were what met the spark of orange hair outside in the snow. It was his eyes that ran over all of Kevin's familiar features before the rest of his body even had time to react. When it did he found himself running from the window to the entrance, pulling on his shoes and running towards the red head. He stood before him unable to believe his eyes as Kevin smiled shyly at him, slowly he stepped forward, fingers running over Kevin's coat lightly as he bowed his head. He curled his arms around Kevin's neck lightly as Kevin held his back and their foreheads touched ever so slightly. Tears streaked down Edd's cheeks as he whispered Kevin's name over and over. He wanted to hold Kevin forever, more tightly, more fiercely than ever until it would be impossible to tell one from the other. He pulled himself forward, trying to clutch at Kevin tightly but he felt no pressure and when he opened his eyes he could no longer see Kevin. Edd turned wildly and found the red head behind him looking at the ground. Understanding lit up in Edd's eyes before his whole face contorted in pain.

"You're really gone aren't you? You're not coming back... You're never coming back..." He whispered, sobbing heavily as Kevin moved forward to hold him into a light embrace. As he stepped away from Edd and began walking away Edd called out to him, "No, please, don't leave me again! You can't! Stay! I can't do this again! You can stay!"

Kevin looked back and shook his head sadly before continuing to walk away leaving Edd to fall into the snow, sobbing. When he finally pulled himself together he walked back to the lodge, earning a few odd looks but he didn't care. He stuck his ungloved hands into his pockets in an attempt to keep them warm and felt something beneath his fingers. He pulled out what appeared to be a small note he didn't remember putting in there. With shaky hands he opened it and read what it said; "You can't get caught up in the past if you want to live in the now. -K."

It was the last year Edd went up to the same mountain lodge he had gone to every year. Instead he went to dance parties with friends and people who were more than friends and he lived. He lived for the first time since that one year at the same mountain lodge he had gone to every year. Because he finally realised that he wasn't the one who had died that day.
**************************
I have no excuse for not updating...
I feel like an asshat for not updating sooner...

Oh well see ya RSs,
Bbyyeee!