Letters to Dorkiet

By-Laughing Jay

Summary: Eddward comes home to the usual post it papers on his walls and appliances, listing his chores and notes left by his parents. Things like "Mow the lawn." or "Dinner is in the fridge," or "You've been all that's on my mind for weeks, dork." ...Wait...
***********************
Edd fumbled with the small note in his hands. He read it over and over again, flipping it from one side to the other repeatedly, hoping to get a hint as to how or why it was here. He set it down gently on his kitchen counter before dropping his elbows down to the surface of the counter-top and resting his head on his pale palms. His face contorted into a frown as he stared at the note. It sent a wave of paranoia through his jumbling mind as he continued to go over it.

"You've been all that's on my mind for weeks, dork."

He knew very well that the note was in no possible way from his mother. It's handwriting, though appearing as though its creator attempted to replicate her own handwriting, was far too scribbled and looked rushed. It was understandable though, a note like this must have come from nervous hands.

Edd's mind reeled, there was only one person that he knew of that referred to him in such a childish manner, and as he thought it over, the cloud of mystery soon cleared. It's owner wasn't at school today, so it could have been likely that he wrote the note and broke in to place it, making sure to position it in a place where it would be nearly impossible for Edd to miss it, though he would have searched for new notes for the day either way. But even then, who would even waste a perfectly fantastic day of learning just to place a note? He would have been confronted about it later anyways, he wouldn't have done this in the first place if it wasn't what he wanted. Plus, unlike the other two of his trio, he was rather upset without the jock there. He found that he missed him more than he should have...

He shook his head in attempt to focus.

"I can't wrap my finger around this... Kevin Barr, you have a lot of explaining to do!" Edd grumbled to himself.

At first he feared it was just a prank, a joke that would end horribly for Double Dee if he chose to take it any further, but it didn't seem so. Edd put all the pieces together, took every hint of evidence left behind and placed it into it's rightful places.

'The handwriting, it's messy, but he seemed to make it as presentable as possible in shaking hands. An improvement from his usual, and might I add atrocious, chirography. And the carpet, you would think a careless boy such as Kevin would just stomp on in without a care in the world, but everything was neat, there were even traces of mahogany dirt from none other than the baseball field in the shoe box, he must have been thoughtful enough to place them there... wait a minute....How did he know my habits?'

This sent a chill up his spine. Edd was known as a so called "neat freak", but only those who had actually come into his home at least once, such as ed and eddy, knew of his strict shoes in the house policy. As far as he could remember, Kevin had never set one foot, or shoe, in his home. Edd was baffled and, in a nutshell, overwhelmed with his findings and concluded that it could have just been coincidence and this was nothing more than a harmless prank. Though on Edd's side, it fell short of something close to heartbreak. This is when Double Dee turned out of his kitchen, the paper in his clenched fist, and saw another cyber yellow note on the staircase wall. Edd's heart dropped to the floor.

"A-another one?" He froze, staring at the words scrawled in cyan highlighter. Edd's heart stopped as he stepped closer, reading his new found letter.

"I can't take it. I like you, okay dork?"

His heart beat wildly. He couldn't stand this, if this was a joke it was going a bit too far. Kevin was on thin ice, and it took everything in Edd to not burst through his front door and storm over to the ginger's home, demanding an explanation. His feelings and pent up interest in a certain boy were suddenly flooding back to the surface, and Edd wouldn't have it. His emotions were being tampered with, and the boy responsible would have the capability to injure Double Dee more than any other, it was simply too much. He tore the note down from the wall and sped up his stairs, careful not to trip in his slippers. Turning the corner to his hallway, he found another. And another, and another. In total, 7 notes hung proudly on his hallway walls. Double Dee's knees shook terribly as he broke out into a nervous sweat. What game was he playing at? Is this even a joke anymore? Edd felt violated, but at the same time, very... touched. Below his burning emotions and rapid heart, he felt a sense of relief, finding the notes rather amusing and lovely. He almost wanted to just bolt down his stairs, out the door, and find the writer of these notes. Not for a lecture, or confrontation even, but simply for the relief of his burning heart. Edd licked his soft, pink lips and continued on, reading the notes in order as he detached them from their post.