Part of Your World

By-Little Laughssassin

Summary:Trying to get close to Double D was proving to be a little more hectic than Kevin had hoped.

(A/N:The author was legit watching The Little Mermaid when she was writing this. XD)
************************
They went to the same school, same grade, mutual classes and friends, hell, they even lived in the same damn neighbourhood since they were kids... So why was this so difficult?

Why was it so difficult for him to get close to the dweeb?

Kevin looked down at his desk and huffed in exasperation. He had been trying to get close to Double D for the past 5 months, but to no avail, or minimal avail. It was as if whenever he came around and tried even saying hello to the sockhead, his brain and mouth would just lose all links and he'd end up making a fool of himself...On the plus side, at least he'd get the other boy to laugh...

Sure, they had had their differences when they were kids, but they weren't kids anymore. They were mature, young adults now...almost. Kevin wasn't sure if 16 qualified for "young adult" just yet, partially because it also made him feel old.

He hadn't bullied Double D for a long time now - except he still called him "dork" and "dweeb" and "double dork/dweeb" - so he thought that'd help his case in trying to befriend him. However, the issue of his current friends was still present...or rather, 1/2 of them was an issue. Eddy still wouldn't burry the hatchet after all those years and just shut the fuck up for once. It was impossible for Kevin not to get annoyed by that little pest. 'I can't believe Double Dork is still friends with him...I'd be WAY better company than Skipper over there.'

Yet he was rarely ever said company. Those 3 were a package deal; buy 1 get 2 free. And that was not a deal Kevin was interested in; he just wanted one. The one.

Riiiiiiiiing

Well shit. Yet another History class spent wallowing over the dork just a seat away from him diagonally instead of actually doing his work...which he didn't do much even without the wallowing.

'Ugh! That's it! I'm gonna ask him to hang today and that's final!'

He quickly shoved his pencil into his hoodie's pocket, grabbed his notebook and textbook, and made his way over to Double D's desk before he left.

Double D hadn't even noticed him standing next to his desk and he calmly put his pen back into his pencil case and closed his notebook. 'Damn, even his writing is nice and cute...N-NO. KEVIN. CONCENTRATE. ASK. ASK. ASK.'

The redhead cleared his throat, which made the beanie-clad boy slightly jump in place. He turned to face him and offered a small, gentle smile.
"Oh, hello Kevin, can I assist you with something?"

'Yeah, you may assist me with a date!' "Oh n-not really...uhm...hey, Double Dork, are you busy after school?"

Double D placed his messenger bag on his lap and put his things back inside as he thought of what his day's schedule would look like, "Hmm...my homework is nearly done and I do not have any club activities on Wednesdays...so yes I suppose I am. Why?"

'SWEET!' "Coo, coo...so like, would you like to...like, hang out? Or something?" He asked, trying to keep his voice as steady and nonchalant as possible, but began to rub the back of his neck; a nervous habit of his when flustered that easily gave him away to people who were aware of it.

"Y-you wish to hang out? With me?"

"Yeah."

"Today?"