Peach Creek Peachies

By- Peach Creek
Summary: Pre-school is hard when you want to play with Double D but not his dumb friend Eddy.
*******************************
Kevin clung to his mother's skirt all the way to the door. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was always afraid when she left that one day she wouldn't come back. He would have to live in the sandbox and eat grass like the cows do. What if it rained? He didn't like the rain. What if there were monsters? He began to cry. His mother sighed and bent down to look him in the face, wiping at his tears with a tissue.

"Kevin, sweetheart, we can't keep doing this every time I drop you off. What's the matter? I thought you liked pre-school!" She pinched his cheeks gently, trying to tease a smile out of him. "You get to see your friends and have a snack and play in the sandbox! You like the sandbox, don't you?"

Kevin nodded, wiping his face on his sleeve. "But you have to come get me later, okay? Don't forget me, Mommy!" He held his pinky out to her.

She laughed and looped her pinky through his. "I promise, Kev. I'll be back at three, just like I always am. Are we okay now?"

Kevin nodded. He threw himself into her arms for a hug. Over her shoulder, he saw a floppy black hat bounce into view. His eyes widened; Double D was here! He pushed away from his mother, slinging his superhero backpack over one shoulder. His mother leaned in for a kiss, but he pushed her away.

"Mommy! Not now! My friends are here!" he whined.

She laughed. "Okay, okay. Have a great day, sweetie." She ruffled his hair and walked back to her car.

Kevin bounced on his toes, waiting for Edd to come around the corner. As soon as he did, Kevin waved at him. Edd waved back and Kevin grinned widely, excited that he finally had the boy's attention. His excitement was short lived, however; from behind he heard the other Eds shout as they ran out to greet their friend. Edd walked past Kevin without so much as a glance. The redhead pouted. It just wasn't fair! He was just as much fun as those Eds. Why wouldn't Double D play with him?

Later during snack time, Kevin ran over to claim the seat next to Edd. He set his backpack down on the chair and went to help the teacher pass out napkins. When he came back, his backpack was on the floor and Eddy was in his seat.

"Hey!" he shouted. "That's my chair!"

Eddy stuck out his tongue. "I don't see your name on it!"

Kevin stood still for a moment, tears filling his eyes. He picked up his backpack and brushed it off, anger surging up inside him. He lifted his bag up and brought it down on Eddy's head. Eddy immediately began to cry. A shadow fell over them and they looked up to see their teacher frowning down at him.

"What's going on here?" she asked.

"Kevin hit me!" Eddy wailed.

"Well, Eddy took my chair!" Kevin yelled.

"Nuh-uh! You weren't sitting in it!"

"I had my backpack there, you meanie!"

"You're the meanie!"

"No, you are!"

"Am not!"

"Enough!" the teacher shouted. The two boys immediately hushed and shrunk down, avoiding her gaze. "Both of you have earned a time-out. Five minutes. Go pick a corner."

Kevin sat hunched over in the corner, huffing to himself. He hated that Eddy. Now he didn't get to sit by Double D during snack time. He could hear Edd laughing at something Ed said and he let out a loud "hmph!" His teacher came over and crouched down next to him.