Thinking Out Loud

By-Randireedus

Summary: Edd takes his best friends with him to meet Kevin at a cafe. Little do they know, Kevin has a quite a show planned for Edd. [Inspired by the Ed Sheeran song]
***************************
"You know if my significant other called me to a sweet little café like this, I wouldn't drag you two jerkoffs along with me."

"Hush now, Eddy," Double D said and opened the door to the cafe. "Kevin just texted the address to this place and told me to meet him here. I just wanted you guys to-" he drifted off looking for the man who had called him there. "It's not our anniversary or anything, so it's no grand inconvenience, okay?"

"Dude, this place has romance painted all over it," Eddy said doubtfully, eyeing the art and dim lights all around the place. "Where is good ole Kevin anyway?"

"Pastries!"

That was not the answer he was looking for, but at least Ed was occupied now as the big oaf made his way over to the array of sweet treats displayed on the counter. Eddy cringed when his dim witted best friend managed to frighten a teenage girl in his clumsy haste.

"He said he would be here," Double D replied, only part of him wondering about Kevin while the other worried whether or not Ed even had money to buy what looked like seven triple chocolate chunk cookies.

"Well, you just pick a table for us and wait. You want anything?"

Double D shook his head.

"I'm gonna get one of those addicting frozen drinks with too much chocolate and not enough coffee that girls like to drink."

"Feminists everywhere are screaming, Eddy."

"Oh, I'm sure."

Double D laughed quietly as his friend walked away to order his drink. He pulled out his phone and fired off a quick text to his boyfriend.

I'm at the café with Ed and Eddy. Where are you?

His response came quickly.

b there in a min

Another text came before he could press a button.

u brot ed n Eddy

Double D couldn't help but roll his eyes at Kevin's habitual texting style. Since their first mobile conversation, it seemed like the ginger was incapable of using capital letters and punctuation.

His spelling left much to be desired as well, but Double D knew it was not for lack of intelligence but more for lack of necessity, at least in his lover's opinion. As long as Kevin's message was clear, he did not care to type up the long, thoughtful and perfectly structured paragraphs, like the poems Double D was known for sending when Kevin least expected them, that sent one's heart a flutter.

They tagged along. That's okay, right?

The little ellipses appeared in the corner of his screen.

its fine im sure they will njoy the show

Double D was very confused at that.

What show?

"COOKIES!" Ed's voice was loud and full of satisfaction and awe as he plowed into the back of Double's D chair, causing the raven haired man to drop his phone. It skidded across the table nosily.

"Jeez, Ed," Double D snapped softly and adjusted his beanie. "Settle down, man!"

"Sorry," Ed composed himself as best as he could and whispered loudly, "I'm sorry. They're just- Cookies! Good! So good!" he praised and mumbled around a mouth full. "Wan- one?"