After The End

By- Ra-Evanee

Summary: Kevin regrets letting Edd walk away

(A/N: I couldn't find the first part to this, it's called "The End" so if you could find it and give me the link to it, I would be very happy. And does anyone know the song?)
*************************
Kevin watched as Double D left him in the locker room. He didn't know why, but he felt as though a hole had been torn into his chest. He chose to ignore the pain and finished drying himself off and dressed. "No more Dorko." Kevin should've felt like cheering. Edd would finally leave him alone. So why did he feel so depressed?

He rode his motorcycle home and made it inside before the dark clouds released their rain. He slowly walked up the stairs into his room. He fed his goldfish and threw his shoes to the side. He walked over and plopped down on his bed. Normally, he'd go downstairs and play video games. He'd otherwise listen to music. Sometimes he walked over to Nazz's house and flirt with her. He'd make a snack for himself. He'd go on walks and chat with his fellow football players. But today, he felt drained. Which was odd for Kevin. He was always active. Especially after school. But nothing grabbed is interest. His phone buzzed. He ignored it. There was a knock at the door. He ignored it. His computer displayed a new message. He rolled over to look away and ignored it.

The next day at school, Kevin's mind was just blank. He didn't hear Rolf's constant stories of the old country. He didn't hear Nazz's complaint about school and all its work. He didn't pay attention to Johnny's rambling about his amateur childhood friend Plank. He didn't hear his football mates talk about their girlfriends. He didn't blow up at Eddy for trying to sell expensive garbage. He just drifted through the school, nothing on his mind except the teen in the black, white striped beanie.

After football practice Kevin headed to his locker to grab his homework. It wasn't really because he'd do it. But there was a chance Edd would still be in the hallway. He silently turned the corner. Edd stood talking to a chick. He laughed at something she said and said something to her which got her laughing. Kevin didn't hear what they were saying. He didn't want to. The two teens didn't notice his presence. Kevin quickly turned around and hid out of sight. It seemed to get colder and Kevin shivered. He heard to two say goodbye to each other and the girl walked past him. She didn't seem to notice he was there. Kevin heard a locker open and turned the corner again. Edd stood in front of his open locker. He retrieved his books and papers. Edd's mouth was moving and Kevin strained to hear if anything was coming from those soft pink-red lips.

"Turn down the lights"

"Turn down the bed"

"Turn down these voices"

"Inside my head"

"Lay down with me"

"Tell me no lies"

"Just hold me close"

"Don't patronize me"

"Cause I can't make you love me"

"If you don't"

"You can't make your heart feel"

"Something it won't"

"Here in the dark"

"In these final hours"

"I will lay down my heart"

"And I feel the power"

"But you don't"

"No you don't"

"Cause I can't make you love me"

"If you don't-If you don't"