CHAPTER 41

WARNING: Mentions of eating disorders.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Wielding the trident wasn't as easy as it once was. Before, Dove felt powerful, an equal to her siblings. But now, it only made the difference stand out even more. There was no way to know if she was still good at fighting with it since she could barely lift it a few centimetres from the ground.

Ron's physical program before the Quarter Quell wasn't especially thought, but it reminded them of everything they could have possibly forgotten over the years. It all started the day after the Games' announcement. Wake up at seven in the morning, training with Ron in physical endurance for three hours straight after breakfast, a short recess, and then another three hours of survival information with Mags.

As expected, Melo and Finnick excelled in Ron's teaching, while Dove and Librae mastered survival. Muscida didn't stand out in any, but neither did she fall behind.

Dove found the physical endurance especially tough. The consequences of the poisoning didn't let her move around as she would like to, and nor could she stand the exercise without running to the bathroom to vomit the breakfast. In the end, she skipped the meal altogether, which didn't go unnoticed by the rest, who tried to make her eat to no avail.

"Frankly, at first, when Dove started vomiting, I thought she was pregnant. That scared me out of my mind." Muscida commented during the recess, causing Dove to choke on the water she was drinking as Finnick widened his eyes at his once mentor.

"Yeah, I know that feeling," Librae commented, a smile forming on her lips as she glanced at the young couple. "I swear, one day she might be, and we won't even know it."

"Mum! Can we stop talking about that, please?" Dove intervened dumbfounded as she glanced from her mother to Muscida, who looked at her with a grin from ear to ear.

"Honey, we were just joking. Anyway, today we only have one hour of survival tips since the wedding is this afternoon. Let's get going." Librae replied, patting her daughter's back as she got up from the ground, closely followed by the rest.

In no time, the wedding was already there. Annie and Angel were fidgeting nervously, dressed in their wedding gowns, as they waited patiently to enter Theo's and Rhett's backyard, where everything had been set up.

"I hope they like it," Melo commented, sitting next to Dove as they looked around at the awesome decorations Finnick and Mags had created out of vines and seashells.

"They're going to love it. This is amazing." Dove replied, fixating her gaze on the net covering where the couple would exchange their vows. Anyone could tell how much time everyone had spent time in it to make it look perfect. It was a good way of escapism from reality. A joy they needed in those dark days.

"Glad you like it. That net was Mags' idea, actually. I'm still amazed at what she can do." Finnick told the siblings, a proud grin present on his face as he pointed at the net.

"Shh, everyone. They're entering." Ron announced, making everyone fall silent except Dove, who sang as they walked all the way to the centre and under the net. Annie and Angel looked around the backyard with stunned expressions before walking to the centre.

Annie couldn't control her smile, which reached from one ear to another, while Angel tried her best to keep up with the vows and not get lost in her fiancée's beauty. Grasping Annie's hands tenderly, as the ceremony started. Theo, who offered to marry them, gave each a long piece of rope that they would tie into a fisherman's knot as the vows went on.

"I Angelique Ogilvy, commit myself to you, Annie Cresta, as wife to learn and grow with, to explore and adventure with, to respect you in everything as an equal partner, in the foreknowledge of joy and pain, strength and weariness, direction and doubt, for all the risings and settings of the sun. We tie these knots to symbolise our connection to one another. They represent our trust in each other and our combined strength together." Angel professed, smiling at Annie, who stared at her with the same loving simple while tying the knot.