CHAPTER 65

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Dove stood in the bathroom door's frame, waiting for Ohan to decide whether to decorate her arms with extra feathers or to leave it as it was. Snow's assassination day was finally upon them. And while Katniss got dressed with the help of her prep team and Effie, who had barely survived after being imprisoned in the Capitol during the rebellion. Dove was being dressed by Ohan and Delia, since her prep team had not escaped the wrath of Snow. They were, sadly, all dead.

"I say you leave it as it is," Johanna commented mockingly after taking a quick glance at what was happening. Ohan mainly huffed playfully in reply and concentrated on the feathers again. "I brought what you wanted. And an extra one in case you miss. This was Beetee's creation. I think you'll like it."

"Beetee's creation?" Dove repeated with a soft chuckle, doubting how or why would Beetee help them create weapons to kill Snow in another way from what it was planned. "How in the world did he create this now?"

"Oh, no. Muscida sneaked this out of Thirteen's weaponry before coming here. From what she found out, it can become a full length trident by only pressing this button," Johanna said, pointing at the only button that the black cylinder had. "It seems he was still developing it when we were risking our necks here."

"He could have at least said something about this. It would have been such a convenient way to carry the tridents without worrying about the guns." Dove muttered, hiding the knife Johanna had given her inside her right boot, while she hid the cylinder in a made-up belt's pocket.

"I'll just say it one more time, just in case. Don't go psychopath while or after killing him," Melo spoke up from the bed, where he sat next to Finnick, who watched amused at the interaction.

"If you continue being this annoying, I might actually go full psychopath," she mumbled, not loud enough for them to hear.

"Did Gale see us as some kind of errand girls or what?" Dove heard her older sister complain while walking inside the room with Annie, who was holding a stealth with only one arrow.

"Just one arrow? Is it because Katniss is already shooting, so they don't care if I miss?" She asked with a hint of amusement while lifting the stealth from Annie's hands. "And why are you whining so early in the morning, Angel?"

"There's some kind of important meeting and all victors are demanded to attend," Angel stated, causing everyone in the room to look at her, surprised.

"Is it like some kind of propo to show all the remaining victors before the assassination?" Melo asked, getting up from the bed to walk towards the centre of the room, where the group now stood.

"Not sure. But you should get going," Angel said, guiding them until the door, where she promised to be near in case they needed her. After giving Annie a lick peck, she was forced to step back while the victors entered the room.

"What's this?" Katniss, who had just entered as well, asked. The room contained a simple round table, where many seats had been displayed for the victors. Only Haymitch, Enobaria, Beetee, and Peeta were seated, while the others took the first seat they saw.

"We're not sure," Haymitch answered. "It appears to be a gathering of the remaining victors."

"We're all that's left?" Katniss questioned, taking a seat between Dove and Ron, who had a tight grip on Librae's hand, as if he was fearful of something bad happening to them.

"And half of us are Ogilvy," Johanna pointed out with an amused chuckle to Melo, who laughed at the realisation. The Ogilvy family was the one with most victors. To top it all alive.