Emilia Lets Paul Go

The couple stepped outside into the beautiful, starlit night, then they sit on the nearest bench. Paul adjusts his tie before making eye contact with Emilia.

"Paul, are you happy here with me?" Asked Emilia. "Yes." Said Paul with a smile. But then he frowns as he looks off into the distance. "What is it?" Emilia asked with concern. "If only I could see my best friends again, just for a moment. I miss them so much." Paul said sadly. Emilia couldn't bear to see Paul so sad, but then she suddenly gets an idea. "There is a way." She said.

Emilia takes Paul to the West Wing, which was forbidden to him early on, but isn't anymore. She then shows him her magic mirror. "This mirror will show you anything. Anything you wish to see." She said. Emilia hands the mirror to Paul. "I'd like to see my best friends please." He said.

The mirror shines into life, and Paul turns his head away as it flashes. It then shows John, Ringo, and George surrounded by the same pack of wolves that chased him early on. A frightened expression appears on Paul's face. "Lads! No! They're surrounded by wolves! The same ones that chased me the other day!" He said worriedly.

Emilia stared at the rose and remained silent for a minute. "Then... you must go to them." She said finally. "What did you say?" Asked Paul. "I release you... you're no longer my prisoner." Said Emilia. "You mean, I'm free?" Paul asked. "Yes." Emilia said. "Oh, thank you! Hold on, lads, I'm on my way!" Said Paul. He then hands the mirror back to Emilia. "Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back... and remember me." She said as she stroked Paul's hair. He smiles tearfully. "Thank you for understanding how much they need me." He said. Paul caresses Emilia's cheek before exiting the manor, and taking the mirror with him.

Bruce enters the room afterwards. "Well, Emilia, I must say everything is going just beautifully! I knew you had it in you." He said with a smile. "I let him go." Said Emilia sadly. Bruce pauses for a minute. "You what? How could you do that?" He asked. "I had to." Emilia said. "I understand, but why?" Asked Bruce. "Because... I love him." Said Emilia.