A Change In Me

"She did what?!" The objects all said at the same time. "Yes, I'm afraid it's true." Said Bruce sadly. "He's going away?" Asked Dick. "But she was so close." Said Alfred. "After all this time, she's finally learned to love." Said Harriet. "That's it, then! That should break the spell!" Alfred said with a smile. "But it's not enough. He has to love her in return." Harriet said sadly. "Now it's too late." Bruce said sadly.

Emilia watches Paul leave, and she roars in sorrow and anger.

Paul, who's back in his regular clothes, runs as fast as he can to find the other Beatles. "Lads! Lads, where are you?" He called. There he saw John, George, and Ringo surrounded by the very same wolves, trying to fend them off. Paul gasps at the sight, then his look of fear turns into rage. No longer feeling afraid, Paul snaps a branch from the nearest tree to use as a weapon, and charges at the wolves, fighting them off one by one.

"Is that Paul?" Asked George. "I think so, but he doesn't seem scared." Said John. "Come to think of it, he's acting more... fierce!" Said Ringo. "Crikey!!! I've never seen him so brave!" John said in shock, but with excitement. "Me neither. But I like it!" George said with a smile. "Me too." Ringo said as he smiled as well. Eventually, the wolves ran away in fear. "Come on!" Said Paul. He and the others run back to their suite.

The minute the Beatles walked through the door, the Riddler, whom the lads were unaware was waiting for them, smiles. "They're back!" He said. The Riddler then rushes back to the villains' hideout to alert Catwoman, the Joker, and the Penguin about the Beatles' return.

Meanwhile

The three Beatles look up at their best friend they haven't seen for a while. "Paul?" Said John. "It's alright, lads, I'm home." Paul said. "We thought we'd never see you again." Said Ringo. Paul's eyes fill with happy tears as he embraces his best mates. "I missed you guys so much." He said. "But the she beast. How did you escape?" Asked George. "I didn't escape, George... she let me go." Said Paul. "That horrible beast?" John asked. "But she's different now, John... she's changed somehow." Paul said. "Weren't you frightened?" Ringo asked. "I was at first, Ringo... but I'm not afraid anymore." Said Paul. "You changed too. We saw how you fended off those wolves without fear." George said.

Paul walks over to the window with John following. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah." Paul said sadly, denying how he really felt. "You look okay, but you don't sound okay. Come on, Macca, what's gotten you so down?" Asked John. "It's just... I've never felt this way before. Fighting off wild animals, taking risks, it's all new to me." Said Paul. "But on the bright side, you saved our lives, thank you." John said. Paul gives a weak smile. "You're welcome." He said.

George and Ringo join the songwriting duo. "One other things's for sure, we're glad to have you back, mate." Said George. "Yeah, it just wasn't the same without you." Said Ringo. "Thanks, lads. And you know what else?" Paul asked. "What?" The other Beatles asked at the same time.

Paul sings about how much he's changed.

There's been a change in me
A kind of moving on
Though what I used to be
I still depend upon

For now I realize
That good can come from bad
That may not make me wise
But oh it makes me glad

And I-- I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams
But I don't mind
For now I love the world I see
No change of heart
A change in me.

For in my dark despair
I slowly understood
My perfect world out there
Had disappeared for good

But in its place I feel
A truer life begin
And it's so good and real
It must come from within

And I-- I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams
But I don't mind
I'm where and who I want to be
No change of heart
A change in me

No change of heart
A change in me

The other Beatles smile. "You really have changed." Ringo said. "Honestly, I like the new Paul McCartney." Said John. "But no matter what, we'll always love you for who you are." George said. Paul smiles. "I love you blokes too." He said. The Beatles bring themselves in for a group hug.

A small sound occurs, which came from Paul's bag. It opens to reveal Dick. "Hi!" He said. "Oh, a stowaway!" Said Paul with a smirk. Dick hops over to Paul and he picks him up. "A talking teacup?" John asked. "Lads, this is Dick Grayson, one of the enchanted objects of Wayne Manor." Paul said. "Pleasure to meet you, Dick." Said George. "And you said Wayne Manor is enchanted?" Asked Ringo. "Uh-huh, that's what that strange cloud we saw was." Said Paul. "Interesting." Said John as he scratched his head.

Dick turns towards Paul sadly. "Paul, why'd you go away? Don't you like us anymore?" He asked. "Oh, Dick, of course I do. It's just..." Paul gets cut off by a knock on the door.