Chapter Two

Bucky.
___________
"Where are you?" Cam moaned in my ear, she'd rang me after three unanswered texts.

"I'm coming home now, has that party not ended yet?" I asked, disappointed.

When I'd got the message from shield that they needed me I'd felt nothing but relief, thinking I could avoid the whole party, but apparently not.

"No and Tony keeps catching me sneaking away and makes me stay and socialise, I hate it." She moaned, making me almost smile.

"I'll be ten minutes." I sighed, hanging up and pushing my phone back into my jacket pocket.

I started my bike and felt the power radiate around my body as I leant forward, pushing my visor down and before I knew it I was watching the city lights blur around me.

I could hear how loud the party was from the garage, I didn't want to deal with that, probably a lot less than Cam did.

I dumped my bike, and pushed back out of the garage, scaling the building in seconds to the roof.

A little extreme to avoid some small talk? Absolutely.

I was always trying to push Cam when it came to things like this, like parties and holidays but that was so she didn't end up like me, craving the alone feeling, wandering the compound every night feeling nothing.

I jogged down the stairs, hoping there wouldn't be anyone in the hallways upstairs and I could slip into my room unnoticed.

I didn't like feeling like a hypocrite, the amount of times I tell Cam she needed to be with people and stop avoiding everyone and there I was, climbing buildings and skulking around upstairs.

I sighed to myself in frustration, stopping outside her door. I should at least say hi after she spent so much effort trying to get a hold of me.

I knocked but she didn't answer, maybe she'd actually not managed to sneak away again, I heard movement inside though so opened the door, the room was dark, only her insane amount of fairy lights illuminating the cluttered space.

It almost made me smile, to see the difference from when she'd first arrived, to now, it was her bedroom, her home now. She wasn't going anywhere.

I turned as the bathroom door opened, shocked when it wasn't Cam that appeared.

For a second I tensed, worried about who this person was, why they were in Camila's bedroom, but then I remembered the party raging downstairs, and a small flint of recognition dawned on my body as I saw the long ginger hair and and serious face.

Juliet? 

"You're not Cam." I pointed out, feeling idiotic, she obviously knew she wasn't Cam. 

"No." She shook her head, she looked so worried. 

I could see something behind her eyes, something like horror. It wasn't unusual but it wasn't fun to see. 

"Are you okay? Juliet, right?" I asked. 

Her face suddenly paled, I tilted my head at her, she looked like she wasn't going to answer, like she hadn't really heard what I'd said. Was she sick? Is that why she looked so bad when she came out of the bathroom?

She nodded at me, still not looking like she really had any idea what I'd asked.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look okay?" I took a step forward, moving my left arm behind my body slightly, an automatic reaction that I still hadn't been able to stop.

"Don't." She shook her head, taking a step back.

"Okay, sorry." I knew I intimidated people, I knew people who'd heard of me, knew what I'd done, were scared of me. It wasn't their fault, but I still hated it. That wasn't me.