Chapter Thirty

Juliet
__________

The sounds of Bucky's voice woke me up, for once it didn't irritate me, and it took me a second to remember we weren't in the cell anymore, we weren't trapped in chains and we weren't kidnapped. 

I blinked my eyes open, and was met with medical equipment and the oddities of Tony's lab. I frowned. 

"Webhead, you left this lying around." Bucky's voice came again and I twisted my head to watch Peter laugh as Bucky pushed against his shoulder, Cam climbed from his back onto Peters like a child between parents. 

"You've been back an hour and already I want to turn your arm off." Cam crinkled her nose at him as Peter moved over to a work station Bruce was looking at something on. 

"Try it." Bucky raised his brow at her in challenge. 

"Don't you dare." Bruce warned her, shaking his head a the two of them. 

"Did anyone tell Yelena and Kate?" Cam asked after Peter had put her down on a work bench, like clockwork she wrapped herself up, knees to her chest.

"Yeah, Tony let them know." Nat nodded at her.

"Oh they could know but don't tell Cam because she might throw herself off the Empire State Building." Cam muttered, more to herself than to anyone in particular.

"Have they found anything else?" Bucky asked, leaning against another cluttered workstation across from Cam.

"No, they came back as soon as we told them about you guys, they're just with shield right now going over everything, we've had everyone looking for you guys since day one." Sam answered and guilt wrapped itself round me with familiarity. Us being taken had put Yelena and Kate behind, what if more widows got killed because Yelena and Kate didn't get to them in time?

"Were you in Spain the whole time?" Nat asked as she moved and pushed Bucky onto a similar bed that I seemed to be placed in.

"Apparently, that mountainside you picked us up from, they had a facility in there, we woke up in a cell and we've been in the same place since, we thought they gave us food and water everyday, thought they let us shower every other day, but if it's been seven weeks we were wrong." He sighed as Nat pushed him back onto sitting on the bed, he'd tried to get up.

"You said they bought the Solider back, what were they doing?" Steve asked, he hadn't stopped pacing.

Everyone's eyes were pinned on Bucky, I could feel how uncomfortable he was, how much he didn't want to be interrogated about this, but as he started to explain to them, he knew, and as much as I didn't want to relive it, I knew how important it was that they knew everything.

"I'm not sure exactly-." He cut off and looked over at me, noticing I was awake his eyes grew wide and he went to push up again.

I sat up myself, embarrassed to be caught.

"Juliet!" Cam breathed, before I'd even caught her movement she was in front of me, pulling me into a hug so tight she could break my ribs, but it didn't stop me wrapping my arms around her.

"Cam-I need air to breathe." I muttered as she started squeezing tighter.

"Oh my god." She pulled back, sorry written all over her features but I didn't drop my arms from around her.

"This is really awkward." I pointed out as everyone's attention had now been pulled to me.

"Thank you, you know what every time I get kidnapped I say the same thing but do they stop? No they don't." Cam crossed her arms and moved to sit on the bed next to me, I scooted across so she had more room and she smiled at me as she pulled her legs up next to mine.