Chapter Forty-One

Bucky
__________

"Look, it's not like that, I just, I thought he was dead and then he wasn't, I got carried away." Juliet, now on the sofa, said as she gestured towards the bed and me. 

I could feel her embarrassment, her annoyance at the situation.

I wasn't able to feel anything but relief, we'd both survived, everyone had survived and we were all okay. 

Waking up alone, a tube in my throat that made me choke before a nurse had pulled it out, trying to explain what was happening all while my eyes searched for her, for Cam and Wanda and Tony and Peter. I asked about Juliet, the nurse just looked at me confused, shaking her head telling me they didn't have anyone by the name Juliet in the hospital. 

I saw the flicker of something behind her eyes. As doctors and nurses flooded around me, pulling wires off me, adding more, checking bandages, lights flashed in my eyes, x-rays and scans being ran, she'd faded into the background, and just as everything had settled back down, I'd worked myself up into a big enough panic that I'd been left alone in the hospital, wondering what could have gone so wrong that Juliet hadn't made it to the hospital, that would make Cam and Peter, Wanda and Tony leave me here, the nurse had come back, with a broken and scared looking Juliet in tow. 

Her first words to me calling me an asshole couldn't have sounded any better to my ears. So I couldn't feel the same embarrassment she was.

"You guys are adults you can do whatever you want, but you." Cam pointed at me, "Just got out a fucking coma, and oh wait, you," she pointed over and Juliet, "Also just got out a coma. How about you don't be hurting yourselves further?" She looked between the two of us like we were insane.

"Are you really in a position to tell us to look after ourselves?" I asked her, raising a brow at the many times she'd been physically broken and just carried on as if she's just fallen down and scraped her knee.

"I, um, okay, new plan, Wanda, tell them." She turned to Wanda and pointed at us again.

"She's a hypocrite but she's right. Juliet you're not even supposed to be out of bed." She said softly, her eyes sad more than anything close to annoyed.

"Technically-" Juliet started and Cam cut her off.

"Don't even use the technically you were in a bed thing, and I know you were going to try because it's totally what I would have tried too."

"I'm sorry, I know,  I should go." She pulled herself up, wincing as she did.

I wanted to stop her, I wanted to tell them not to take her back, but the pain I felt radiate through my own body that she was feeling, I couldn't.

She didn't look at me as Peter sighed as she pushed to the door "You can't walk there Juliet come on."

"I walked to his other room and up here and I'm still kicking." She muttered as they reached the door.

"For how much longer is the question." He shook his head at her, dashing towards the empty nurses station outside the room.

"I feel like an old lady." We could hear Juliet moan in the hallway as Peter made her sit in the wheelchair he'd grabbed.

"Well Doris, you are technically what? Eighty, ninety?" He laughed.

"Low blow, Parker." Her voice faded as he wheeled her down the hallway.

I turned back to look at Wanda and Cam as they looked at me skeptically.

"Do you already know?" Cam mock whispered to her, eying me.

I could tell she was talking to Wanda inside her head, she did it a lot.

"That they already kissed before? Absolutely, didn't get a chance to talk about it before he decided to kill himself for her though." Wanda said back, turning from Cam as they both looked at me expectantly.