Chapter Four

Bucky.
________________
"Are you still sulking?" Nat's voice made me growl, I'd sensed her in the gym but hadn't acknowledged her. 

"I never was." I answered her, throwing my fist against the weighted bag in front of me, not bothering to look at her. 

"I've known you a while, and I know when you're sulking, are you ever going to tell anyone what it is you're sulking about?" She asked, I could tell by her tone, by where her voice came form, she was sitting on the bench, probably with her feet resting on top of the small fridge as she watched me, a smug smile on her face. 

"Can you just leave Nat?" I groaned, not hoping that it would succeed in making her do just that.  

"Can you just tell me why you've been down here for three straight days?" She asked, no hint in her voice that she planned on moving anytime soon. 

I closed my eyes for a second, throwing all my weight into the next punch. The chain groaned but didn't give. 

"The silent treatment from you is so unusual." She said sarcastically, sounding bored. 

"Nat." I growled, vision blurring as I ground my teeth. 

"Bucky." She retorted, a weak impersonation of my voice. 

She wasn't going to leave, she wasn't going to let it drop. She'd left me down here for days, they all had, but she'd reached the end of her patients. 

I grunted, almost feeling the hit in my left hand before I straightened, whirling on her, my glare aimed right at her. 

She didn't back down, she wasn't intimidated, she didn't care. 

She just raised her brow at me, waiting. 

"Juliet was at the party." I said, the only explanation I would give. 

She knew, she knew as much as I did, probably a lot more. I was shocked she hadn't connected it sooner. 

"What does Juliet have to do wi-" She stopped, her eyes widening, she pulled her legs from the top of the fridge, her whole body tensing as she stood, I could see her realisation on her face, "It can't be, that doesn't even make sense, the math isn't mathing." She shook her head, not believing it. 

"It's her." I shook my head, trying, as I had been for the last three days, to stop the memories from taking over.

"Yelena said th-" She was cut off the sound of Cam calling us floating down the stairs to the gym.  

"Does she know?" Nat asked, looking towards the stairs. 

"No." I didn't need to tell her not to say anything, she already knew. 

"Where is everyone today? It's too quiet in here." Cam said, smiling when she noticed us. 

"What are you doing home kid?" Nat asked her, I glanced at the clock, she wasn't supposed to be out of classes yet. Had something happened? Had Juliet said something to her? 

She held her hand up to us, stopping what she thought was about to be a lecture. "I'm fine, let's stop the overprotective bullshit in its tracks shall we? Nobody is dead, nobody is hurt, I just skipped." She shrugged. 

"I'm totally telling Pete and Tony." Nat smirked at her, teasing. 

"You wouldn't be so cruel." Cam put a hand on her chest, feigning hurt. 

"I would if you don't tell me why." Nat levelled her with a look that told Cam she wasn't going to let up. I was curious too, the tension in my body almost making my hand shake.