Chapter fourteen

Bucky
_____________

"Ow, shit, Kid, the suit." I groaned at Cam as she held her arm out for me to grab, I'd grabbed before I thought about it. 

"Sorry." She muttered, dropping the electrics from her arm so I could pull her up. 

"You think you could stay out of trouble for ten more minutes?" I asked her, looking around us. She huffed a breath, gripping my hand tighter as she almost slid on the planes wing. 

"Probably safer to drop me off back on the ground first." She nervously laughed at me. 

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes at her, gripping her hand with my left, she crouched over the side of the wing, letting herself drop so I was holding all her weight, I lowered myself to the wing, lowering her as low as I could, "You ready?" I asked, calculating the drop in my head before I even thought about releasing my grip. 

"Yeah." She nodded, winking at me as she felt my fingers loosen on her wrist. 

"Buck." Wanda moaned at me as she watched Cam drop into the water below, she caught herself and stayed upright. 

"She's fine." I threw Wanda a solute before I turned back towards the main body of the plane. 

She was a lot stronger than people realised, she was fearless most of the time and even when she was scared, she acted like she was fearless, and most of the time, not all, but most of the time, that was a good thing. 

I pushed myself back onto the top of the plane, "Steve?" I asked, hovering at the hole that had been blown into the top of the main body of the plane. 

We'd been called in because they thought it hadn't been taken down from inside, hadn't been taken down from any manmade weapon, it was alien as far as anyone could tell. 

We'd been pulling as many people from the plane as we could, for an hour, it was mentally exhausting, each screaming person we pulled from the wreckage, came a lifeless body, loved by one of the screaming passengers. 

The water crashing against the plane, the screaming passengers, the frantic panicked energy was overwhelming. Tony had gotten the fire out first, then it was straight to pulling people to safety, Nat was moving them up the beach, we had to make sure it was safe, see if we could identify the source of what had taken the plane down before we could let the cops know they could come and start helping passengers, medics, fire services, cops, FBI, all waiting for us to find a source we didn't even have a hint at yet. 

Steve didn't answered, I knelt, leaning to look into the fuselodge, "Steve?" I asked again.

I heard Wanda's screaming my name before I realised what was happening.

I felt my back hit the metal of the planes wing, my head following, I huffed a breath before looking up, just as the thing that had knocked me on my ass crouched over me.

I noticed his teeth first, the god awful smell of his breath hit my face in a hot wave, almost making me gag. It felt like it took my own breath with each exhale.

I didn't know what the hell this was, the only way to describe it was a wolf, he was bigger than a normal wolf, bright white fur and something profoundly human in the way he crouched, in the way he held himself. Red eyes that seemed to take me in the way I was trying to take him in.

He snarled at me, so loud I felt it in my chest, I resisted the urge to cover my ears, as he lunged down, teeth snapping, I had enough sense left to reach up, using my left arm on instinct as a shield.

He bit down, I felt it.

"Bucky!" I couldn't tell who was screaming my name as I let out a cry of my own, I felt the sensors straining against my shoulder, felt the mechanism straining against the wolf's teeth as he started to pull, started to bite harder.