Chapter 9~ Clowns

I glare at the new red dot on my computer screen.

It hasn't moved in two days, probably because Diego's still stuck in the hospital and the tracker is still inside him. Hopefully.

I haven't exactly told Axcel what I'm up to, mainly because he asked me not to talk to him about it, but also because I'm not too sure he'd approve of what I'm doing. He'd probably come up with three reasons why this is a terrible idea and I'm certain they'll all end in me being in a grave.

'Who are you cyberstalking?'

I look up to see Axcel entering my office, closely followed by a very familiar looking lady.

'I'm not cyberstalking anyone. Who's that?' I ask.

'Uh this is Seb's old assistant, now she's yours.'

'I thought you were my assistant.'

He holds his hand up to my face. 'Alexis, shush.'

'Uh-.'

He sighs. 'Maya, Alexis. Alexis, Maya.'

Maya steps forward. 'I'm sorry about your loss, I know you two had something special.'

I give her a tight smile. 'Thank you.'

Now I think about it, Maya's probably seen a lot of the things that me and Seb did in his old office.

If I was her I'd be traumatised.

'So what's in your job description?' I ask her as Axcel busies himself around me.

'Anything you want me to do; get your coffees, set up your meetings, plan your schedule, do your filing-'

'Okay, I get the jist.' I say nodding my head. 'Basically anything I don't want to do.'

She nods. 'My desk is just outside, if you need anything.'

I smile. 'Thank you.'

She leaves and Axcel leans over my desk to look at my computer.

'If you wanted to look at it that bad, you could just come round.' I say.

'Who are you tracking now?'

'Diego.'

'Excuse me. How?'

'I put a tracker on the bullet that went in his shoulder, and now I'm tracking him.' I say.

Axcel nods slowly before replying to me. He does not look the slightest bit happy.

'Right...okay.' He clears his throat. 'Alexis, do you not think that- and this is just hypothetical- that he'll find the tracker when they operate on him.'

I give him a face. 'How? That is not possible.'

'Okay, so, let me tell you what I think will happen. They pull him into the theatre, take out the bullet, and notice a small disc shaped piece of metal. They take it out. Then, the doctor shows Diego the things they took out of his body and Diego notices the tracker. Then he murders you.'