Chapter 44~ An old Friend

Guys im so sorry, i'm so bad at posting on the day i say im gunna post

________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday Rosa said the only way to apologise to someone was through food, so she forced me to invite Diego around for dinner and, to my surprise, it actually went well.

Plus, Isla and Diego seem to get along.

Today, Diego woke up and chose to break some rules and steal my number from someone.

To be honest, he probably didn't steal it...

I have a strong suspicion Rosa gave it to him.

I'm staring at his text message now, ignoring Axcel.

'Alexis, what's on your phone that's more important than listening to me?' He asks.

'Diego.' I say.

'What?'

'Diego's on my phone.' I say, turning the screen towards him, and showing him the message.

He raises his eyebrows as he reads them.

He only sent me one message, and then he signed it off with his name.

'You and Diego are still friends?' Axcel asks me.

I roll my eyes.

'I mean he wants to be friends with you after you stabbed him like six times?' He stares at me confused. 'Why do you want to be friends with him?'

'Axcel-'

'I mean... he texted you, and asked you to dinner. That's a more than friends thing, right?'

I shrug. 'I don't know.'

'Did nearly killing each other bring you guys closer together, because if it did...' He sighs. 'Alexis, that's so messed up.'

'Axcel?'

'Yes?'

'Are you finished?' I ask.

He nods slowly, and hands back my phone.

'Are you going to go?' He asks me.

'To dinner?'

He nods.

'Yeah, I mean, I might... probably go.' I say.

He taps his pen on my desk. 'Well, let me know if you do go. I'll organise your ambulance and/or coffin for you.' He says.

'You're not funny Axcel.' I say.

'Yes I am.' He says, sliding files over to me.

I take them from him. 'No. You're not.'

'Yes, I am.' He says, before, placing a phone down in front of me.

'Whose is that?' I ask.

'Sebastian's.' He says.