Chapter 35~ IUD

'Who are you learning Italian for?' Axcel asks, midway through telling me what different fruits are in italian

'Excuse me?' I ask, looking up from my notes.

'Who are you learning Italian for?' He repeats.

I give him a confused look. 'No one... myself, Isla.' I say.

He narrows his eyes at me. 'I don't believe that.'

'You don't have to believe it.'

'Alexis-'

'Axcel, can you get back to the job I'm not paying you to do.' I say.

'Why can't you get someone else to teach you Italian, like literally anyone else.'

'Do you not want to spend extra time with me?'

'No, you're annoying.' He says, reaching down, and pulling out a container of cupcakes. He takes one, closes the container and puts it back wherever he got it from.

He takes a bite of the cupcake. 'You are paying Rosa, why don't you ask her to teach you Italian.'

'Axcel, concentrate.' I say.

He rolls his eyes. 'Okay so-'

'Hey.' Says a familiar voice from the entrance to my study.

My eyes snap towards the door, to see Diego leaning against the door frame, with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

'No.' I mouth at him.

He shrugs, and drags his eyes off me, towards Axcel, who's staring at me, eyebrows raised.

'Is that who you're learning-'

'Shush.' I say interrupting him.

He glares at me. 'Learning-' He tries to continue.

'Shush.' I say, interrupting him again.

I'm not letting him blow my cover.

He takes a bite of his cupcake. 'Fine, who are the two of you planning on murdering.'

'Murdering?' Diego asks from the doorway.

'I saw you in the cameras yesterday, and you're here today. You're either planning an extremely detailed murder, or you're having sex... which Alexis profusely denies, so it must be the former.' He says.

Diego looks at me and smirks.

'No. Go away.' I mouth at him.

He looks away, completely ignoring me.

'I hope you're not trying to murder me.' Axcel says.

'I don't need Diego's help to murder you, weakling, I'll just strangle you in your sleep.' I say.