Chapter 14~ The Game

I told Axcel he needs to sit at the head of the table, and he was not happy about it

But he still did it. He's sitting halfway across the room, and I'm going to sit right in front of Diego.

But first, I've got to get the poison into his drink.

I walk towards him rolling the vial between my fingers.

I unscrew the lid, take a deep breath and fall right into him.

'Fuck Alexis.' He whispers, pulling back his chair.

I place one hand on the table to steady myself and pour the contents of the vial into his glass of wine.

I hide the vial in my hand as he takes my wrist and turns me towards him.

'Are you okay?' He asks.

I shake my wrist free and stand up straight. 'Yeah I'm fine.'

He raises his eyebrows as I turn to leave.

His eyebrows are still raised, when I sit down in front of him.

'How come you're sat here and not at the head of the table?' He asks.

I shrug. 'I'm not sure, maybe they made a mistake.'

He leans back in his chair. 'Maybe.'

He reaches out and picks up his glass.

He brings it to his lips and takes a drink.

I raise an eyebrow as he puts back down the glass.

'What?' He asks.

'Nothing.'

He narrows his eyes.

A waitress places a plate of food in front of me at the same time as a waitress places a plate in front of Diego.

He prods at his food, before clearing his throat and taking another sip of his drink.

I can feel a smile spreading on my face so I turn my face to the head of the table. Axcel turns to look at me at the same time and gives me a look.

I set my mouth into a straight line and turn to face Diego.

He's staring down at his food, looking confused.

He clears his throat and looks up. 'Is it hot in here?'

I shake my head. 'No.'

'It is, It is hot in here.' He says, completely ignoring me.

He reaches around his neck and unbuttons his already unbuttoned shirt.

He picks up his glass and downs the whole thing.

I bite down on my bottom lip, it's becoming harder and harder not to smile at my success.

'Are you okay?' I ask as innocently as possible.

He looks at me and narrows his eyes. 'What did you do?'

'Me?' I ask, looking offended. 'I didn't do anything.'

He pushes his hand into the inside of his blazer. When he realises nothing is there, he searches the other pocket.

His eyes widen and he pats down his blazer.

He swears under his breath a couple times before looking back at me.

'Where is it?' He asks

'Where is what?'

'The antidote, Alexis, you poisoned me. Where is it?'

'What makes you think I poisoned you?'

'Alexis.' He says in a warning tone.

'What?'

'Where is it?'

I shrug. 'I don't know.'

I give him a smile and he glares at me in return. He shrugs off his blazer and signals for the waiter to bring him another drink.

He picks up his glass and inspects it. 'Did you put it in my drink, or did you put it in my food?'

'I don't know what you're talking about.'

'Alexis, don't fuck with me right now.' He says a little bit too loud. Heads begin to turn our way, just as he begins to pale.

'You look very pale, are you okay?' I ask

He slams his fist down on the table and leans in.

'Own up and give me back the antidote. You've proven your point.'

I lean in. 'Have I, really? Because I don't think I have.' I pull out the vial of antidote and place it in my open palm.

He reaches out to grab it, but I move back.

'Too slow.' I say.

All the heads in the room are turned in our direction.

We both look to the top of the table at the same time, where all the important people... and Axcel are sat.

All four mafia dons are looking over at us. They all look very amused so I think I've proven myself to them.

I turn back to Diego.

He's bent over, clutching his stomach.

'I am just as ruthless as you are... and I meant it when I said, when I finally decide to kill you, I will make sure you're in the worst pain possible. Worse than this.' I hiss.

I place the antidote on the edge of the table, furthest away from him.

'If you can get it, you can live.' I say, as I push back my chair and walk towards my seat at the head of the table.

I turn back toward him and watch as he reaches over the table, grabs the vial, downs the contents and then collapses on the floor.

That was a bit dramatic.

'You can move back to your seat now.' I say to Axcel.

He rolls his eyes. 'Thanks,' He gets up from my chair, turns and looks at me. 'Why didn't you just kill him?'

I shrug. 'Because what's the point in a game if there's only one player.'

_____________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyeddd x

Just a reminder of character instagrams...

Alice= allie._.huxley

Axcel= axcel._.grey

Alexis= lexi._.camden