Chapter 31~ Pandora's Box

'I can show you

'I can show you.' Diego says from the driver's seat.

'Seriously, you will?' I say.

'Yeah, if you want.' He says, glancing at me.

'Ooh okay let's go now.' I say clapping my hands together.

'It's nothing to be excited about, it's just a room.' He says.

'Uh, yeah, a room filled with weapons. That's so cool. It's like a private gallery.'

He laughs and shakes his head.

'Does this open?' I ask, reaching up and touching the roof of the car.

He nods. 'Yeah, you wanna open it?'

I shake my head. 'So, um, have you ever dismembered anyone?'

'Nope.'

'Never? You've never cut anyone up?'

He shakes his head. 'No, never.'

'Well that's boring.' I say, bracing my head against the window.

He laughs.

'So, have you like, never kidnapped anyone before?'

'Nope, never.'

'Diego, that's so boring.' I say.

'Alexis, I don't do that torture thing, okay. It's not my style. I don't know how your lot do it. I'd have the worst nightmares.'

'My lot?'

'The mafias.'

'Hmm. Axcel says the best part is the torture.'

'Axcel's a psycho.' He says.

'So are you.'

'Have you ever thought about the idea that everyone you know is a psycho?' He asks.

I look at him but don't answer.

He looks at me. 'Even you.'

He puts his hand on the back of my chair as he reverses into his drive.

When we get into his house, he lines his shoes up, next to the row of smart, well polished shoes. He stands up straight, and then leans back down and moves the left one an inch so it's perfectly perpendicular to the wall.

Then he shrugs off his blazer and folds it in half and then throws it on the back of one of the kitchen island chairs.

'Do you want a drink or anything?' He asks.

I shake my head. 'No, show me the room.' I say excitedly.

He laughs at me, and then walks towards a door at the end of the hall.

He presses his thumb against a fingerprint pad on the wall and a lock clicks.

Then he pulls out his keys, holds a key fob against the door and another lock clicks.