Chapter 33~ Deathly Cupcakes

Guys i literally forgot it was tuesday

Guys i literally forgot it was tuesday... stupid bank holiday

anywayy heres a chapter

idk how i feel about the chapter but my high esteemed editor aka my bestie who reads all my chapters before u guys says it's good...well actually she said it was cute

idk how i feel about that either but anyway enjoy

_______________________________________________________________________________

I watch as Isla pours the whole tub of baking powder in the cupcake batter, and I don't stop her.

'Mummy, taste.' She says holding a spoon of batter to my face.

'I can't taste all of that Isla, it will make me ill. Give me a tiny bit.' I say, gently pushing her arm away from my face.

She dips her finger in the batter on the spoon and holds it up to my face. 'Now.' She says.

'You taste that bit.' I say, dipping my own finger into the spoon. 'I'll taste this bit.'

I lick the batter off my finger and she does the same.

'It's lovely.' I say.

It's terrible.

She shakes her head vigorously. 'More sugar.' She says reaching out for it.

The chair she's stood on wobbles, and I reach out and steady it as a knock sounds on the door.

Rosa doesn't seem to make a move towards the door, so I let go of the chair and begin to walk towards the door.

'Mummy.' Isla screams from behind me.

I turn around. 'Yeah?'

'Don't leave.' She says.

'I'm only going to see who's at the door, I'll be back in five minutes, maximum.' I say.

'Promise?' She asks, holding out her pinky finger.

'I promise baby.' I say, linking my pinky finger with hers. 'Can you get down from the chair whilst I'm gone though?' I ask her.

She nods and clambers down, and I leave the kitchen.

A knock sounds at the door again, just as I open it.

Diego's standing there, with his shirt hanging open.

Funnily enough, it's a white shirt, even though all his white shirts are now red. So I suppose, he's in the same shirt from yesterday.

From the state of his hair, I can tell he's been raking his hands through it continuously.

He also looks like he hasn't slept... for days.

'Sorry.' He says.

'What?'