Chapter 21~ The Diego Dilemma

I left my car unlocked, with my phone and keys inside

Responsible.

When I stepped through my front door, I could see the anger radiating off Axcel and Alice.

And you're not even supposed to be able to see anger, so I think that proves how angry they were.

Both their eyes follow me as I enter the kitchen.

Rosa is sat on the other side of the room with Isla, and she looks like she wants to get up and run.

'What?' I ask them.

'Why the fuck did you run off last night?' Alice asks me.

'I didn't run off, I walked. You just didn't stop me.' I say.

She scoffs. 'Alexis, come on, you didn't even tell me you were leaving, and then you didn't pick up your phone.'

I sigh. 'It's not a big deal, I'm a grown woman.'

Then Axcel scoffs. 'Alexis, you could've been dead for all we knew.'

'Well I'm not so...'

'That's not the point.' He snaps.

'God, you sound like my parents.' I mutter.

I don't have the brain power to deal with this conversation right. I'm hungover and I need to do some serious thinking about Diego.

I walk over to Isla and place a kiss on her forehead.

'Alexis,' Axcel says.

He's directly behind me.

I roll my eyes. 'What Axcel?'

'Where did you go last night?' His eyes are narrowed, and he looks like he already knows the answer to that question.

Rosa looks between us, and then swiftly picks up Isla and leaves the room.

I wish I could leave this conversation too.

I shrug. 'Out.'

He shakes his head. 'I don't think so.'

'If you already know the answer, why are you asking me?'

'Well all I know is that you did a stupid idiot thing and burned down some random persons house.'

'Well there you go, you have your answer.' I say.

I give him a tight smile and walk past him in an attempt to get out of the conversation that's about to begin, but they both follow me into the hallway.

Both of them.

'What he's trying to ask is where you slept.' Alice says.

'Why does it matter?' I ask.