Home

Ok so... I'd say, less than 10 chapters before they get reunited. I'll try to post them fast :p

He was unreal, a marvellous being, a soul worthy of the eldar, worthy of the line of Oropher and the Sinda princes of Arda. His people, the firstborn, held much wisdom. But they were abandoning this world. From weariness or pride? None knew. Maybe a little bit of both. But Legolas had not.

Long golden hair, with warrior braids framing his finely chiselled features. His expression, sometimes lost in the faraway world of the elves, was so seldom contorted in anger. Acceptance and joy usually graced them. The paradox of his youthful face compared to the wisdom contained in his eyes never ceased to amaze. Yet, even after a life of many centuries, there was surprise in his gaze, like a child discovering the world.

He was sturdy, quite unbreakable. Even if, like most of his kin, he had inherited the incredible grace that softened his sharp build. So elvish. Present without anyone noticing, bright as the sun, ardent like the wind that scatters the leaves in autumn, and graceful like a panther. Despite his inheritance, he never lost hope.

Hope...

Beeeep. Beeep. The light was harsh. Too harsh. And cold, so very different from her beloved inner glow. Frances closed her eyes and sunk into oblivion once more.

His gestures were so sure; they transformed him into a breeze fairy sometimes. Flying more than walking, he used his legendary lightness to reach the most unattainable places without difficulties. There was no more precise eyesight nor surest hand than his. His bow, just like him, was mortally accurate. As supple as it was tall. Aesthetically perfect, and deadly, just like him. It was a strange and dangerous beauty that the elves possessed. Bewitching and soothing, yet incredibly powerful.

On the battlefield, he was untouchable. In a few seconds, his adversaries succumbed to death. His gestures were precise, and aimed to kill cleanly, without rage, without shame. Be it with his twin blades or his bow, the enemy never stood a chance. It was so strange, to see such a beautiful being triumph without ever being touched in battle. Not a scratch ever marred his face. Never weary, nor even sweaty even after the worse of our battles.

It was in those moments that the reminder came so clearly: Legolas was not a man. For he stood tall and dignified when we staggered and struggled from exhaustion.

Like the reeds subjected to harsh winds, he bent, but never broke. I truth, the fluidity of his moves made him totally unattainable. Protected and deadly, he was a force to reckon with. But there was no brutality in his fighting style, nor the sheer frenzy of men.

Only once did I see fear on his face. The Balrog. We were too ignorant to know what was coming, but he knew. When the walls were set ablaze, we were fearful, of course. But not enough, for we had no clue that our enemy had been created by Morgoth himself. But when I saw his face, the horror etched over his features, I understood. And he was right to be afraid, for no wise man defies forces that are beyond him.

Beeep. Beeep. The sound was really getting annoying. It seemed to take up more space in Frances' head, trying to pry her out of her thoughts. But still, Legolas was waiting, his hand outstretched, and the warm memories of his embrace held much more appeal than the coldness that surrounded her.

His spirit was so bright, even if he had inherited from his people the legendary poise and wisdom. His relative youth had protected him from their weariness, and he offered all his energy to the world. But not to the dwarves. The rivalry, inherited from their fathers, was so uncouth in such a beautiful being.

But then, after days in each other's companies, the most unusual of friendships developed. It graced those dark days with its spontaneity, and once more I could only marvel that those prejudices could be forgotten, however long they had run. His willingness to accept the world helped us in our quest. If elves and dwarves could get along so well, there was hope still for middle earth.