Feä Bond

You can thank Yasmine for this one. I was so out of it that I published the next chapter and forgot that one in the pile. THE most important one. Sorry, sorry.

As they touched the ground, Frances' legs gave out, the muscles too rigid to function properly. Legolas caught her, looking down with concerned eyes.

"Frances! Will you be alright?"

She nodded, unable to utter a word as her teeth shattered. Her body felt numb against his, the sensation lost on her cold skin. A wave of exhaustion washed over her, and Frances closed her eyes, resting her head in the crook of his neck. Legolas' heart swelled with joy. His hand came into her damp hair, pulling her close, and he started trailing kisses on her temples while she tried to regain a bit of composure.

"Frances, meleth nín, I thought I had lost you forever..."

"Well, that was close," she mumbled.

"You're frozen Frances, let me take care of you."

These words being said, the elf picked up the icy woman in his arms and strode down to his cabin.

"Bring me some blankets!" he exclaimed, his tone authoritative.

As soon as the words were uttered, a maid rushed in, the required blankets folded in her outstretched hands.

"Do you wish for some help my lord?"

"No, but we need to get back to port. Turn this ship around," responded Legolas, ignoring the pointed stare the woman gave him.

As he closed the wooden door with a kick of his feet, Legolas turned his gaze to the dripping wet woman lying in his arms. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips blue. It was not the first time he saw her like this, a memory of Caradhras quite vivid in his mind. He had no idea, at that time, what she would mean to him one day, but her apparent fragility had struck a chord. He would never let her go, not matter the difficulties of her being a human. He'd rather spend forty years at her side than eternity without her. She was watching him now, her teeth chattering in a merry dance.

"I can help you with the nightgown, if you don't mind."

"T'sok," she answered.

Legolas smiled at the long-forgotten expression, then he tugged on her dripping nightgown. Frances allowed Legolas' hands to work for her, wondering why her elation was laced with worry. She was too exhausted to feel self-conscious, and still too catatonic to help him out. His eyes stayed on her face as he worked, his warm hands raising goosebumps here it touched her bare skin.

Soon, she was cuddled in the blanket in the elf's lap, his chin resting over her head. Legolas frowned, this would not do. He couldn't looser her to pneumonia.

An instant later Frances was resting against him, her hair folded in a cotton cloth. The rest of her was slowly coming back to life in the heavy blankets that surrounded her like a cocoon. It felt good to feel his chest move under her head. Time passed, the gentle rocking of the ship lulling her into contentment.

"Thank you, Legolas"

"Meleth," he breathed while turning his face down to have a better look at her face. "I will never thank you enough for your courage. I have been a coward..."

She shushed him gently, and tilted her head upwards to contemplate his fair features, closing her eyes for a moment.

"You do not know how to be a coward, my love."

"I have been weak," he responded with regret. "My oath to Aragorn was broken, and I attempted to flee to Aman instead of trusting you to get back to me."