Mylo x deaf reader

A/n: Anything in prosthesis and italics is in asl  (american sign language) or whatever sign language you use and anything in quotes and italics it being said and signed Mylo doesn't understand I'm just putting it there so you all know what going on

Mylo's POV
    I was jogging in front of Vi, Powder and Calggor trying to beat them back to the Last Drop when I turned a sharp corner slamming into someone, both of us crashing to the ground. I groaned as I sat up looking at them do the same dusting off their clothes looking at me.They looked to be about  Biting my lip I grimaced. I knew I had to apologize since it had been my fault that we fell. Looking away from them I murmured, "Sorry for running into ya..." When my eyes darted to their face they were staring at me with concentration. They put one of their palms up and cupped the other bringing it in an arc to the open palm. I must have looked confused because they did it again this time saying what I guessed was again.

   Did she want me to apologize again? Why? I was about to ask why when the other swung around the corner only slightly safer than I did. When they saw me they stumbled to a stop, "What are you doing on the ground Mylo? And what are they doing on the ground?" Vi asked, pointing at the person I knocked over.

   "I ran around the corner too tight and ran into them." I explained as Calggor helped me up, Powder helping the stranger. Vi turned to them.

    "Are you okay? Sorry about Mylo, he doesn't always think things through." She explained apologetically.

   "What! How was I supposed to know they would be right there?" I said, waving my arms around. Only Calggor noticing them looking back and forth trying to catch what we were saying. Vi glared at me, I huffed and closed my mouth in defeat. I heard Pow giggle from behind Vi and I stuck my tongue out at her, she quickly mimicked me.

   "Anyway," Vi said, turning back to them, "are you okay?" They pursued their lips together  making the same motion they had at me earlier.

    "Pretty sure that means again." I whispered to Vi.

   "Yeah I know that Mylo." She shot back. Repeating what she said this time adding a few hand motions that I didn't  know what meant, but their faces visibly brightening when they saw Vi do it. In response they put their thumb in between their chest, the rest of their hand open  then closing it so all their fingers were touching, put their fingers to their lips and pushed them away.

(Are you okay?) Vi
(I'm fine thank you) Y/n

   I turned to Calggor, "what are they doing?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

   "They're signing using asl it's mainly how deaf and mute people communicate, remember Powder and I were teaching Vi and Vander, but you said you didn't want to learn." He explained. I huffed and turned back to them.

   Powder tugged on their sleeve when they looked down she made a series of jesters and waited for their response.

(What's your name?) Powder 
(Y/n what's your's?) Y/n

   "That's a really cool name! My name is Powder." She said I assume carefully spelling out her name "That's Vi my big sister, Calggor and Mylo." She explained. Next to me Calggor whispered their name to me. They laughed as she pointed at Calggor and signed something then me and signed something else Vi and Calggor joining in I frowned

(Calggor is nice but Mylo is annoying) Powder

    "Hey what did she say?" I asked, crossing my arms.

   "She said I'm nice but you're annoying." Calggor said with a smirk. I glared at Powder as she giggled hiding behind Vi. "Anyway," Calggor continued, "Do you wanna come to the Last Drop with us?"
   They nodded and signed a short sentence.
(Sure sounds like fun)

We continued walking VI, Powder and Calggor making light conversation with Y/n. As we walked I would glance over at them, their h/l h/c moving slightly as we walked their e/c stained on the others as they talked and somehow walked with no problem, which was impressive considering the amount of stuff on the roads.

   Once we got to The Last Drop pushing the doors open to reveal the warm and cozy inside. Sitting down they got introduced to Vander who offered them a non-alcoholic drink and some food. They hung out for a while joking around with the rest of the group Ekko coming in at some point to show us something he made quickly bonding with them and the whole time all I could think about was how I needed to learn asl.

________________________________
Hope you like and request might close for a little while sense I'm kind behind but not yet and if I do they will reopen once I've caught up.

Word count:844