Chapter 2: I Don't Want to Mate!

"Thank you for your kind intentions, but I can treat this small injury myself." Qiao Mo pasted a band-aid on her wound. She then met Evan's dark gaze and added, "I'm immune to snake venom, I won't die."

Qiao Mo wasn't sure why Evan had said she'd been infected by snake venom, but she was new to this place and didn't dare claim she hadn't been poisoned in case it might upset Evan's ego. Therefore, the best excuse was to say that she was immune to snake venom.

As expected, Evan's gaze became gentler. "Although you brought your own herbs, it's still better to let me perform an exorcism dance for you. This way, it can effectively reduce the evil diseases caused by injuries."

With that, Evan danced around Qiao Mo, his snake body twisting and turning and his hands moving around.

Qiao Mo had never received such treatment in her life and felt a little at a loss of what she should do. "Thank you, thank you..."

Someone nearby said, "This female is really lucky to have Shaman Evan perform the exorcism dance on her personally."

Harry asked, "Are you from the Indian gray mongoose tribe? Or the honey badger tribe? It seems that these are the only two tribes that had immunity to snake venom."

Qiao Mo was stunned for a moment. She recalled that wolves seemed to be the natural enemy of the Indian gray mongoose, so she hurriedly said, "I'm not from the Indian gray mongoose tribe."

"Then she must be from the honey badger tribe," Evan said while dancing.

Someone said, "No wonder she's so ugly."

Someone else added, "And she even forcibly refused the Shaman Evan's treatment. Honey badgers are aggressive and bellicose by nature, and they are not good at making friends. Besides, honey badgers tend to live alone. It's no wonder she's in the mountains by herself.."

Harry lowered his head and said, "I'll take care of her and provide enough food to support her through the winter. From now on, she'll be my mate."

Qiao Mo's eyes widened. "Wait, I wasn't poisoned, I don't need..."

No one listened to Qiao Mo's words. At this moment, an old man walked in from outside. "Even if she wasn't poisoned, her hind leg has suffered a serious injury and needs time to recover. Just a small injury is enough for us beastmen to die in the Myriad Beast Forest! Harry, your decision is correct. Your kindness has saved this young female. I hope that she won't let you down."

Qiao Mo was rendered speechless.

The old man then looked around again. "Before Tribal Head Rem passed away, he said that he wanted Harry to become our leader! The condition is that Harry finds a mate that belongs to him! From today onwards, Harry has gained the qualifications to be our leader!"

The wolf beastmen cheered and went to prepare for tonight's bonfire party.

After Evan finished his dance, he left Qiao Mo and a little girl named Lily in the room.

Lily helped to apply medicine to Qiao Mo's feet. When Qiao Mo realized that Evan had prescribed a type of crushed herb for her ankle, she did not refuse.

Lily was an ugly little girl with an upturned nose and eyes that were like green beans.

However, she said to Qiao Mo, "You're really lucky. Harry is the most handsome and strongest male in our tribe. Many females have professed to him but were rejected. He didn't even look at a beautiful girl like me. Even the Elder's daughter, Aisha, couldn't win his favor!"

Qiao Mo looked at Lily suspiciously and asked curiously, "Harry is the leader of your tribe?"

Lily smiled mysteriously. "He isn't yet, but he already has the qualifications."