Chapter 21: Braised Venison

After some understanding, it turned out that these spices had the effect such as repelling insects including mosquitoes, as well as attracting males and acting as aphrodisiacs. They are differentiated based on different types of flowers and plants. Qiao Mo's hazelnut frying technique was exchanged for a large number of spice bags.

Originally, the females had different opinions about Qiao Mo saving Elder Jessie. At least more than half of the females believed that Jessie had survived because of the dance performed by Shaman Evan.

But now, the females were beginning to approve of Qiao Mo and take the initiative to be friendly with her.

"Women's friendships are just that simple. In the past, it was clothes and bags, but now, they're hazelnuts and fruits," Qiao Mo said emotionally.

When Elder Jessie heard about this, she also forced herself to come out to check. "It only needs to be stir-fried once and it can be stored for a long time. It can be peeled and eaten at any time! Qiao Mo, do you know what a great help this is to us?"

In the afternoon, when Qiao Mo returned to her room, Harry pounced on her onto the large bed. Under his silver mask, his blue eyes shone with joy, and his two white furry ears swayed back and forth.

Without any explanation, he kissed Qiao Mo a few times, then suddenly jumped up from the bed and went to the corner of the room to take out a pile of things wrapped in animal skin.

Qiao Mo wiped her lips helplessly, thinking to herself that she would just treat it as if she was kissed by a big dog she kept. It was nothing!

Harry carried the pile of things and came to Qiao Mo excitedly. "Look, are these what you wanted?"

Qiao Mo sat up and curiously opened the animal skin. Her eyes immediately widened. There were some chili peppers and a whole bunch of different leaves inside.

The peppercorns came with their skins on. As Qiao Mo liked to grow plants and she had also grown some things back in her hometown in the countryside, he had some understanding about them.

There were actually bay leaves inside! This was good for cooking and seasoning.

"Where did you get these things?" Qiao Mo asked in surprise.

Harry smiled and said, "They all grow in the woods. I've seen them before, so I'm familiar with their scents. These were things that we were told couldn't be eaten since young. I tried my best to pluck them all to let you take a look to see which ones are useful to you."

Qiao Mo picked out some from the pile. "If there are more of these, you can help me pick more."

Harry took out a white object from the pile that Qiao Mo picked out. He looked like a country bumpkin who had never seen much of the world before. "This is edible too? The smell is really sharp."

Qiao Mo smiled. "Of course, but it needs to be processed. This thing is very delicious when added to food."

Harry nodded doubtfully. These were all things that they had been taught since young that it was forbidden to eat them when in the wild. For example, the thing that Qiao Mo called chili just now. Some of his companions refused to believe it and had tried eating some before. They would end up feeling uncomfortable for a long time and would need to chug down a large amount of water to feel relief.

As for pepper, he couldn't stand the smell. However, when Qiao Mo added the ingredients into the roasted venison leg yesterday, it was inexplicably delicious.

"What do you want to eat tonight?" Harry suddenly asked. He was curious to see if Qiao Mo could bring out more things that would surprise him.

Qiao Mo stroked her chin. "Is roasting the only way you guys cook your meat? I mean, if you want to cook them, it can only be done through roasting?"

Harry was stunned. "Are there other ways of doing it?"

An idea popped up in Qiao Mo's mind. She snapped her fingers. "Are there more meat? Beef, mutton, pork, anything works!"

Harry pulled Qiao Mo out of the house. "I hunted two antelopes yesterday and I buried the other one in the snow. It won't rot easily that way. Is it okay if we eat venison again today?"

Qiao Mo nodded. "Of course. I'll make you braised mutton today.. It's my specialty!"