Chapter 28: Rock Salt Found!

"You tricked me?" Qiao Mo asked angrily, but dared not look at him.

Barron said weakly, "This is our rabbit race's enticing ability. I didn't expect your willpower to be so strong that you weren't controlled by me. As expected of the female I've selected."

Qiao Mo's hands that were grabbing onto his ears gripped with a greater force and Barron gasped in pain. "So what if you've caught me? You still can't walk out of my territory. You might as well become my mate obediently. Whether it's that stupid lion or that foolish wolf, their statuses aren't as distinguished as mine. As my mate, you definitely won't suffer."

Qiao Mo pursed her lips. She felt angry because she had almost been tricked by this rabbit and deliberately said, "How distinguished can you be? You're still hiding underground and can't see the light of day."

After she said this, Barron suddenly fell silent, contrary to the retaliation she had expected.

Qiao Mo could not help but look at his face and realized that he was looking down at the ground in a daze, looking a little lonely.

Qiao Mo raised her eyebrows. "What's wrong?" Had she said something wrong that poked right into this rabbit's heart?

At this moment, the female called Eva rushed into the cave. She was stunned to see the two of them, then quickly turned around, as if she had seen something she shouldn't have.

With her back to Barron, she said anxiously, "Her Highness Irene looks like she won't be able to hang on for much longer!"

Barron struggled to get up, but he fell back to the ground weakly. He could only turn to look at Qiao Mo, his face filled with anxiety and pleading.

Qiao Mo thought for a while and finally let go of Barron's ears. Irene should be someone important to him, and as a doctor, Qiao Mo would always put patients first.

Qiao Mo released Barron's ear and said to Eva, "Where is the patient? Take me to her."

Eva asked Barron with her eyes, and the latter nodded.

Eva led the way, with Qiao Mo close behind her and Barron at the back. His two rabbit ears hang down limply, his long and slender hands clenched tightly. He looked nervous, but at the same time, helpless.

Qiao Mo asked Eva, "Who is Irene to Barron?"

Eva said in a low voice, "Her Highness Irene is Barron's older sister. After that incident, Her Highness Irene had been the one taking care of Barron. If anything happens to Her Highness Irene, His Highness Barron..."

Qiao Mo was even more confused. "What is that incident? Also, why do you call them Her Highness and His Highness?"

Eva covered her mouth in surprise. "His Highness Barron hasn't told you yet?"

Before Qiao Mo could reply, Eva knew she had said too much. She shook her head and quickly led the way.

They arrived at a cave inside. On the bedding woven from grass, there was a woman with fair skin and big eyes curled up. Her weak lips had lost all color, and her rabbit ears were curled up together. She looked very weak and pitiful.

When she heard someone entering, the woman lifted her eyelids, but immediately after, she lay on the bed and started convulsing.

The few male rabbit beastmen around her quickly went up to her upon seeing that.

"Her Highness Irene is breaking out in sweat again. Hurry up and help her take off the animal skin."

"Your Highness Irene, please hold on. Barron has gotten a shaman here. You'll definitely get better!"

Although the beastmen said so, they were actually very uncertain in their hearts. This was because none of their tribesmen who had contracted this disease in the past were able to survive. Not even when there were shamans present!

Eva said, "The shaman is here!"

The few male beastmen stepped aside, but when they saw Qiao Mo, doubt started to appear in their eyes.

This female didn't have ears. Although there were beastmen without ears, they definitely weren't from the fox tribe. But in this forest, it was said that only Ace from the fox tribe was omnipotent. Only he could cure diseases that other shamans couldn't!

However, after Qiao Mo entered the cave, she stopped in shock.

It wasn't because of anyone in the room.

It was because she saw something in the cave she had been dreaming of getting her hands on!

Salt!

On the walls of the cave, there were crystallized rock salts!