Chapter 24: Smart Cookie

At night, Qiao Mo planted the potatoes and corn that she brought with her in a basin. The potatoes could be grown after they were cut into pieces. As for corn, Qiao Mo did not know if the ones she brought with her could be used as seeds.

Moreover, it was winter now. Although the climate here was strange in which plants could still bear fruits in winter, Qiao Mo was still worried.

Heck it. She'd just give it a try first.

When everyone in the tribe left and Qiao Mo cleaned up the mess, she found the rabbit eating some meat that the other beastmen had accidentally dropped on the floor.

She quickly picked up the rabbit in her arms and tapped its forehead with her fingertips. "You smart cookie, this isn't something you can eat. The spiciness will burn your stomach. I'll feed you some vegetables later, alright?"

The rabbit buried its head in Qiao Mo's soft chest unhappily.

Qiao Mo giggled. "Why don't we give you a name? I'll call you Smart Cookie from now on. How about it?"

This fellow was in Charlie's territory, yet he knew how to climb onto Harry's body and escape with them. Wasn't it just a smart cookie?

The rabbit obediently stuffed its face into Qiao Mo's chest.

This night was destined to be a beautiful one. Most of the beastmen in the tribe fell into a deep sleep after experiencing the joy brought by the delicacy.

But for some people, it might not be that wonderful.

Take Qiao Mo for example.

She had been too tired throughout the entire day, so she fell asleep early. Before she went to bed, she heard from Harry that he was going out to hunt, hoping to be able to eat more of Qiao Mo's delicacies tomorrow.

Qiao Mo hoped he'd bring back two pheasants. Then, after Harry left the house, she fell asleep.

However, in her sleep, Qiao Mo felt the wind whistling by her ears and cold currents caused her to wake up, shivering.

When she opened her eyes, she dazedly found herself lying on Harry's back. It was because there was soft snow-white fur under her.

"Harry? Why did you carry me out here? It's so cold..." Qiao Mo dazedly grabbed Harry's fur and barely managed to sit up on his back. At this moment, the two of them were speeding through the forest. The trees were swaying in the wind, and as they moved, his footsteps caused creaking sounds on the snowy ground.

Harry didn't respond to her as he usually did.

Confused, Qiao Mo looked in the direction of Harry's head.

Then she froze.

No! That wasn't Harry!

This fellow's entire body was snow-white, but its fur was softer. Moreover, its head had two large pointed ears, and there were two tufts of fiery red fur on the back of its ears. Moreover, the shape of its ears was different from Harry's.

"You are..." Qiao Mo struggled to get up. "Smart Cookie?"

She could tell that this was a rabbit! A huge rabbit!

The rabbit happened to turn around and look at Qiao Mo. Its red eyes and the red petal pattern on its forehead showed that it was the pet rabbit that Qiao Mo had just named Smart Cookie!

What was going on? Why was its true form so big? No, wasn't the rabbit form its true form already? Why could it still become so big?

Was it also a beastman?

Qiao Mo was uncertain. "Where are you taking me?"

Smart Cookie did not respond and continued running. Qiao Mo wanted to jump down, but they were moving too fast. If she jumped down, she would be paralyzed even if she didn't die.

As Qiao Mo was lost in her thoughts, Smart Cookie ran into a cave. As he ran, he transformed into a naked, beautiful man with white hair. After transforming into his human form, he reached out to catch Qiao Mo, who was falling off from a height, then continued to run into the cave.

Qiao Mo was stunned by this transformation. He was indeed a beastman!

Smart Cookie carried Qiao Mo with both arms and ran all the way. When Qiao Mo saw a burrow in front of them, Smart Cookie hugged her and jumped into it..