Chapter 5: The Injured Elder

Aisha? Qiao Mo remembered that Lily mentioned that Aisha was the daughter of the tribe's Elder.

But what did she just say earlier? That she was ugly? Last night, Harry had clearly praised her for being beautiful.

Could it be that beastmen had different aesthetic standards?

Qiao Mo reached out to touch her face, but when she retracted her hand, she realized that her palm was covered in black ash. Who had smeared ash onto her face?

Looking at Harry, Qiao Mo felt a little speechless. It seemed that he was the culprit.

When Harry saw that Qiao Mo had woken up, he immediately put down the things in his hand and walked over to her. "Are you hungry? What do you want to eat? I'll go prepare food for you."

Seeing how caring Harry was acting towards Qiao Mo, Aisha was so angry that her teeth itched. She really didn't understand why Harry would give up on a beautiful female like her and instead fawn over an ugly honey badger!

This was the wolf tribe's territory and there had always been only the wolves in their tribe. However, ever since the Shaman Evan joined them, it seemed that the other tribesmen were no longer so repulsed against those from other tribes.

"This won't do! I need to talk to my mother about this. It's time for us to establish a rule. If we can forbid our tribesmen from marrying someone from another or drive away those from other races who have no contributions to the tribe, we might be able to expel this hateful honey badger!" Aisha thought."

Qiao Mo was indeed hungry because she had not eaten anything since yesterday. "What do you have to eat?"

Harry was about to answer when he heard someone yelling outside, "Shaman Evan! Shaman Evan, where are you? Elder Jessie is in trouble!"

Aisha countenance immediately turned nervous. Elder Jessie was her mother.

The next moment, Aisha had already rushed out.

Harry only said to Qiao Mo, "Wait for me here! Right, don't wash your face! It'll be very dangerous!" He then ran off quickly in another direction.

Qiao Mo looked puzzled. She went to the water tank and looked at her face. Harry had indeed smeared it with black ash. They must have been left behind when he was burning the firewood.

When Harry and Aisha arrived at the empty area of the wolf tribe, they saw a young wolf standing in the open space with blood all over his face and shouting. He was carrying an elderly who didn't look too strong on his face. The elderly's body was covered in blood and looked like she was on the verge of death.

It was Elder Jessie!

"We went out hunting with Elder Jessie this morning and we ran into a berserk leopon. It was very powerful, and we only managed to cover for Elder Jesse to bring her back after two of our companions died!" The young wolf said quickly, "Shaman Evan, please save my mate!"

Evan had been called over by this time. "Lay her down on the ground and let me check her injuries."

The young man obeyed and placed Elder Jessie on the ground.

Aisha's entire body was trembling and she reached out her hands to grab onto Harry's arm.

Harry immediately broke free from her grip. "Don't worry, Shaman Evan has great medical skills. I believe he will be able to cure Elder Jesse with his dance."

Aisha nodded with a pale face.

However, right after that, Evan lifted the clothes on Elder Jessie's abdomen, only to see that it had been torn open, and blood was still flowing out.

Everyone from the wolf tribe gasped. Some of them were already crying.

Evan shook his head and looked at everyone with his gloomy snake eyes. "It's impossible to recover from such a serious injury. There's nothing I can do about it."

The crying sounds around them increased, mixed with sighs. Everyone already knew the outcome when they saw the injury.

An injury of this level could take any wolf beastman's life. Even if the bleeding was stopped, one could still experience a rise in body temperature, loss of consciousness, and eventually death. An evil disease like this had never been cured by the shaman's dance before!

Moreover, the flesh was split open in large patches and there was no way to stop the bleeding, let alone to let it patch up and heal.

Aisha immediately rushed forward and hugged Elder Jessie's body. "Shaman Evan! You haven't even tried, so why are you saying that you can't cure it? I beg of you! Please dance and save my mother!"

A few of Elder Jessie's younger mates also pleaded, "Please, Shaman Evan, please dance!"

Qiao Mo slowly pushed her way through the crowd to Harry's side. She asked softly, "What happened?"

There was someone laying on the ground and she looked like she was dying. Everyone was pleading for Evan to dance. Was it to celebrate?

Harry's eyes said with a sad gaze, "Elder Jessie was attacked by a berserk leopon. She's dying."

Qiao Mo asked doubtfully, "A leopon? Is it poisonous?"

Harry shook his head. "It's not"

Qiao Mo asked, "Then why didn't you guys hurry up and perform suture? Why are they asking the doctor to dance instead?"

After saying that, she slapped her forehead. How could such a backward beastman tribe know about suture? They probably thought that dancing the shaman's dance could dispel diseases.

She recalled watching a clip about animals in the past. Wolves who survived in the wild needed to be very careful when hunting. They did not dare to let themselves get injured because the chances of them dying after getting injured was very high.

Harry said, "But external injuries of this level can't heal on their own. There's no way to stop the bleeding and patch up the wound. Elder Jessie can only wait for death."

Qiao Mo said, "Maybe I can treat her. Go get my biggest backpack. Hurry!"

Harry was stunned. "You're a shaman?"

Qiao Mo said anxiously, "I'll explain later! Hurry!"

Without another word, Harry transformed into his wolf form and dashed toward his house..