Chapter 32: Going Home

Hesitation flashed in Barron's eyes, then he stroked Qiao Mo's long hair gently, his bright red eyes filled with endless gentleness. "We can talk about other things after you've recovered."

Qiao Mo wanted to say something, but she started coughing.

Barron looked nervous. "I'll prepare the crystal soak and transfer your illness and pain onto me!"

Qiao Mo was speechless. It turned out that what she had said was in vain. He thought that she had transferred Irene's illness onto herself with the saltwater.

Qiao Mo wanted to explain herself, but she felt a wave of dizziness wash over her. Qiao Mo could only let herself fall asleep as Barron's nervous calls rang in her ears.

When she woke up groggily again, Qiao Mo felt that her illness had worsened. There was no sunlight underground, only even colder temperatures.

"This won't do. If I still don't take my medicine, I'm afraid I'll die from illness here..." Qiao Mo struggled to get up. She wanted to call for Barron but was unable to do so when she opened her mouth.

At the same time, she felt that her abdomen was about to explode. Qiao Mo could only support herself against the wall and get up. She couldn't care less and found a place in the corner of the cave...

After all, she hadn't peed for three to four days!

Qiao Mo swore that this was the most difficult pee she had in her life. Her body was weak and her footsteps were soft. If it wasn't because she was supporting herself against the wall, she would probably have fallen to the ground.

"Qiao!" Barron had rushed over and hugged her from behind when Qiao Mo was staggering and about to pull up her pants.

Qiao Mo froze.

An awkward feeling spread through her entire body, but her body burning with a high fever made her not have the mood to feel ashamed. "You have to send me back. Only then can I recover from my illness."

Barron picked Qiao Mo up horizontally. "I'll go get you a shaman!"

Qiao Mo shook her head. "The medicines that can treat me are in the wolf tribe. I have to go back."

"Let her go back," Irene's voice suddenly rang out from outside the cave.

Irene entered the cave with Eva's help. "Qiao saved my life. We have to respect her decision. You have no right to keep her here, Barron."

Qiao Mo looked at Irene gratefully and smiled weakly. "Are you feeling better?"

Irene sat gently on Qiao Mo's bed and reached out to stroke her face. "I'm sorry, Qiao. We're in a very difficult situation now and there's nothing we can do to repay you, but we will always remember your kindness. The only thing I can do now is to send you back to your land. I just want to confirm if your illness can really be treated after you go back."

Qiao Mo saw the worry in Irene's eyes and smiled. "Don't worry, it's just a fever. I'll be fine after taking medicine."

Irene nodded, but the worry in her eyes did not lessen at all. Although Qiao Mo did not seem to take fever as a serious illness, she knew that once beastmen showed such symptoms, most of them would die.

Qiao Mo said weakly, "Actually, there's something you have to repay me with."

Irene looked stunned. "What is it?"

Qiao Mo looked at the crystals on the wall. "Give me those rock salt."

Irene also looked at the crystals on the wall. The entire rabbit race was afraid of these things for fear of transferring some diseases onto themselves through them.

"Do you really need them?" Erin confirmed again.

Qiao Mo nodded.

Irene then instructed her tribesmen to knock down all the crystals on the walls and give them to Qiao Mo. She then instructed Barron to send Qiao Mo back to her territory.

Barron seemed like he wouldn't go against Irene. He lowered his head and remained silent for a moment before he seemed to have made up his mind and nodded.

With that, Barron ran out of the underground cave with Qiao Mo on his back, along with several rabbit beastmen and countless amounts of rock salt..