Chapter 20: Delicious

Qiao Mo had already taken out a batch of hazelnuts that were done frying to cool down earlier. Now, they had cooled down. She bit open one of them and the kernel inside was sweet and crisp, emitting a strong fragrance of dry fruit.

It was even sweeter than the hazelnuts in her original world! However, when she ate them raw, it was indeed several times worse than the hazelnuts in her original world too.

Qiao Mo's eyes lit up. She cracked open another and dug out the kernel inside, bringing it to Harry's mouth.

Harry hesitated for a moment. He really didn't like the taste of shell fruits. They tasted raw and awful as if he was like eating a lump of clay.

However, after seeing Qiao Mo's happy expression, he steeled himself and opened his mouth.

Qiao Mo pushed the kernel into Harry's mouth with her index finger. "Try it."

Harry chewed a few times with a painful expression. Soon, he was stunned.

He looked at Qiao Mo in shock.

"Is it good?" Qiao Mo asked.

Harry nodded quickly.

Qiao Mo said, "This thing is a type of dry fruit. It is very high in calories and is good at providing satiation. With this, it should be easier for you guys to make it through winter."

Harry wanted to reach out his hands to grab the hazelnuts in the pot.

Qiao Mo stopped him and said, "After they are fried, they need to be cooled down before they can be eaten. That way, the taste of the kernel inside would be at its best."

Otherwise, it would be soft on the inside and not brittle. Qiao Mo had tried it before.

Harry went over to the table and picked up a cooled hazelnut. Unlike Qiao Mo, he didn't need to use his teeth. He rubbed his hands together and the shell opened.

Harry took out the kernel and put it into his mouth. The rich fragrance and sweetness of the dry fruit immediately filled his tongue. If this thing could really provide a lot of energy as Qiao Mo said...

Harry's eyes lit up. "The trees near our tribe happen to all be trees with this kind of shell fruit. These kinds of trees are usually the least favored and no tribe would value them. This means that we'll have countless..."

Qiao Mo reminded, "Hazelnuts."

Harry nodded. "We'll have countless hazelnuts to enjoy!"

Aisha and her partners were all confused. Aisha couldn't help but go to the table and take a hazelnut. "This is the most disgusting fruit I've ever eaten. What are you guys talking about?"

Although Qiao Mo had saved Elder Jessie, Aisha still believed that there was a higher probability that Elder Jessie survived because Shaman Evan's dance had taken effect.

She still did not trust Qiao Mo. Furthermore, Qiao Mo had snatched Harry away. Harry was the male she liked the most and hoped to be able to mate with.

Aisha used the tip of her long fingernails to cut open the hazelnut shell. She took out the kernel inside and tossed it into her mouth.

She frowned and chewed a few times.

She then opened her eyes wide in surprise. "Why does it taste so good?"

Aisha's mates were all watching eagerly from the side. However, the rules here and their innate nature were that females had to enjoy any delicious food first.

Qiao Mo walked forward and took the plate away. She grabbed a handful of hazelnuts and distributed some to each of Aisha's mates. "Try some."

The few of them smiled gratefully at Qiao Mo. Male beastmen were all very good-looking, every one of them was very handsome. It caused Qiao Mo to be starting to feel a little numb toward good looks.

"This is too delicious. How did such a disgusting shell fruit become so delicious?"

"This is simply the most delicious fruit I've ever eaten! And to think that there are even fats in it! I taste the fats from it!"

Many beastmen were attracted over.

Qiao Mo distributed some to everyone.

A female beastman said excitedly, "Please teach us how to make this food!"

That respectable old man also came over. "If we have enough shell fruits, then we can reduce the number of times we males go out to hunt in winter!"

"That's right! That will definitely reduce the casualties we have when we go out to hunt during the winter!"

Harry was extremely happy to see that Qiao Mo had invented a new way to eat the shell fruit and had also obtained the recognition of the tribesmen.

In the afternoon, apart from changing Jessie's dressing, Qiao Mo spent the rest of her time teaching the females in the tribe how to fry the hazelnuts. But there was a limited number of iron pots in the tribe, and Qiao Mo could only try to fry them in stone pots.

She didn't expect that the effect turned out to be even better. Perhaps it was because iron pots conduct heat quickly while stone pots fulfilled the principle of frying over low heat better. However, it clearly took more time when using stone pots.

Fortunately, the thing that females lacked the most was time, especially during the winter. It was also difficult for them to pick fruits even if they were to go out. They'd spend most of their time making spices, which was to sew the flowers and plants they had dried in the autumn in animal skins.

These things could be exchanged for some food in the Beast God City, but it was a far cry compared to preparing hazelnuts..