Chapter 9: Golden Fruit

Halfway through her meal, Qiao Mo suddenly remembered something and took out a potato and a sweet potato from her backpack.

Alright, she really didn't bring Doraemon's pocket with her. However, she was planning to camp and have a cookout on the mountain today. Some of her friends brought meat and some brought equipment. She brought seasonings, snacks, and a few fruits and vegetables that she liked.

For example, roasted potato slices, roasted sweet potatoes, and corn were all Qiao Mo's favorites.

When she pulled a plastic bag out of her bag, Harry's eyes under his silver mask looked doubtful again. "What are you going to do again, little female?"

There was nothing in Qiao Mo's bag that he had seen before.

Qiao Mo shook the potato and sweet potato in her hand. "Have you eaten these before?"

Harry shook his head, but his blue eyes lit up. Then, he suddenly transformed into a huge white wolf and disappeared.

Where did he go off to?

Qiao Mo was puzzled, but she still found two sticks and placed the potato and sweet potato on the fire to roast.

After a while, Harry returned. He was running back in human form, and his posture was very strange!

He actually lifted his animal skin skirt with both hands, exposing that thick and long thing in the air, tossing around. He came rushing toward Qiao Mo!

Qiao Mo was stunned!

Exposure fetish?

Pervert?

However, when Harry got near, Qiao Mo realized that it was not the case. The reason Harry lifted his animal skin skirt was that he was using it to carry a pile of fruits.

"I've asked the others in the tribe and they said that other than meat, honey badgers like fruits and insects more. Is there anything here that you like?" Harry's sexy and perfect lips curled into a shy smile.

However, Qiao Mo noticed that there were a few scratches on Harry's mask, and there were even some bruises on the parts of his face that weren't covered by the mask.

"Why are you injured?" Qiao Mo stood up and asked.

"It's nothing. Take a look and see if there are any fruits you like here. If there aren't any, I'll go pick more for you!" Harry said.

Qiao Mo said, "I'm fine with anything. I like everything."

Harry shook all the fruits onto the ground and opened his palms to Qiao Mo. There were a few half-dead insects in his hands. "These are for you."

Qiao Mo was so scared that she screamed and moved her butt backward. She was most afraid of bugs!

It was the kind of fear she was born with, a terror that would cause her to break out in goosebumps. Those soft-bodied insects, especially, were lethal to her nerves.

Seeing her expression, Harry quickly threw the bugs away. He used a lot of strength, and a few lighter bugs were sent flying far away, disappearing without a trace.

Only then did Qiao Mo heave a sigh of relief. She swallowed hard and said gratefully, "Thank you, Harry. I like these fruits very much, but as for the insects..."

Harry nodded. "I understand. From now on, there will only be fruits and no insects."

By this time, the potato and sweet potato were done roasting and were emitting a fragrance. Qiao Mo took them down and placed them on the plate from her bag. She used a small knife to peel the potato, cut them into slices, then sprinkled salt and chili powder on them.

She handed Harry a slice. "Give it a try."

Harry looked doubtfully at the yellow fruit in Qiao Mo's hand. He had never heard that a fruit could be roasted for eating!

However, he still opened his mouth obediently, because Qiao Mo had already brought the yellow fruit to his mouth.

"Howl!"

He chewed...

Harry closed his eyes and chewed with pleasure. The skin of this food was a little crispy after being roasted, but the texture was also very soft and fragrant. There was also a hint of sweetness.

Delicious!

Harry's pair of snow-white, furry ears twitched backward a few times in comfort.

Harry's eyes lit up again. "What fruit is this?"

Qiao Mo said, "This is a potato. Try this sweet potato." She cut a slice of sweet potato and brought it to Harry's mouth.

The sweet potato had a soft and mushy texture, but it tasted extremely sweet. The sweet potato that had been roasted was even sweeter than the sweetest fruit that Harry had ever eaten. It was like eating nectar, with the sweetness reaching to his heart. It was the feeling of bliss.

Qiao Mo said, "These two are not considered fruits. They are considered a staple food. They can be used to fill your stomach. Because they are digested slowly, you won't be hungry for a long time."

Harry got the gist of it. "You came from the Beast God City? There are only wild fruits in the Myriad Beast Forest and I know all of them, but I've never seen such fruits before."

Most of the tribes in the forest didn't know how to farm because the farming techniques were all in the hands of the big clans. They would excavate their land to cultivate and then sell what they grew to obtain benefits.

This was the second time Qiao Mo had heard the Beast God City being mentioned. She had first heard about it from Lily. Lily said that Harry might have run away from a big clan in the Beast God City and his identity was very mysterious..