Chapter 1

Cassandra walked through the forest, snow crunching under her feet. A cold gust of wind blew snow through her short, wavy, golden-brown hair. She adjusted her sunglasses so that they rested on top of her head, keeping, her hair out of her eyes.

Her icy blue eyes glanced down at a large black cat plowing through the snow next to her.

"This sucks." Grumbled the black cat. Cassandra grinned, adjusting her long black trench coat so it wouldn't drag through the snow.

"I love the snow. We don't get much here Kieran." She said, kicking at a snowdrift with her black combat boots.

Kieran narrowed his golden eyes and lashed his tail.

"It wouldn't be so bad if I was back in my human form." He huffed looking at his paws ruefully.

Kieran had been a big-time sorcerer a couple of hundred years back. However, he had gotten cursed by a forest goddess, to remain in the form of a cat for the rest of eternity. He'd been with her family for as long as she could remember.

Cassandra was from a long line of sorcerers but had her powers sealed as a child until she became mature enough to handle her powers.

She had been studying under her grandfather up until the day he died. Since then she had been working as a police informant. She was able to talk to all types of spirits which often gave her leads. As a Grimm, her family had been doing this sort of work for centuries, often using their abilities to hunt down dangerous spirits and entities. By doing this the world of magic was hidden and protected from average humans.

Her family name was quite famous among other sorcerers and witches. She was the last living member of the Grimm family and lived with Kieran in a fairly large house just outside of town. Currently, she was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life since her magic was still sealed.

She was admiring how the frost-covered leaves glistened in the sunlight when suddenly, it felt as if the ground beneath her feet had vanished. She gasped and Kieran let out a yowl as they fell into darkness.

Oddly, she never felt an impact. She staggered when she realized she was now standing on solid ground.

Cassandra opened her eyes and saw she was now in what appeared to be some sort of courtroom. Five men were now standing before her.

Did I black out?! She thought, as her heart began to race. She stared at the men wide-eyed in shock

A tall muscular man with red hair and hazel eyes stood in front of her. He was wearing a red overcoat that looked like a uniform.

"Welcome to Devildom Cassandra." He had a proud look on his face as he spread his arms wide in greeting.
He frowned slightly when he saw her shocked expression. "...oh pardon me. Feeling a bit shocked, are we? Well, that's understandable. You've only just arrived, after all. As a human, it will probably take a little while for you to adjust to things here in the Devildom."

She frowned assuming this was some sort of joke at her expense. "The... What? Devildom? What is that next door to fairyland? This is a joke right?"

Kieran had sensed the danger and hidden within her shadow. While she couldn't see him, she could feel his warmth pressed against her leg.

The man looked slightly taken aback at her sharp tone. "I assure you this is no joke. My name is Diavolo. I am the ruler of all demons. Someday soon I will be crowned king of the Devildom. This is the royal academy Diavolo... Though we just call it RAD. You're standing inside the assembly hall. This is where we officers of the student council hold our meetings and conduct our business. I'm the president of said council." He put his hand on his chest.