chapter 5

Cassandra scanned the RAD cafeteria looking for Solomon. She wanted to give him back his wing pendant and thank him for helping her. She spotted him at a nearby table.

"Hey, Solomon mind if I talk to you for a minute?" She asked, walking up to his table.

"Not at all." He gestured to the chair across from him which she took.

"It's unusual to see you alone." He smiled at her, noticing Kieran wasn't with her.

"Um, yeah. I wanted to give you your pendant back. I appreciate you lending it to me." She pulled out the silver wing pendant and handed it to him.

"Aha, I heard about what happened at the competition. Got more than you were bargaining for did you?" He took the pendant from her and placed it around his neck with a grin.

"That's one way of putting it. It was a disaster, though I did end up making a pact with Levi so it wasn't all for nothing." She sighed.

"You made a pact with Levi? I must say that's very impressive, two demons in the span of one week? Though, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since your a Grimm." He raised an eyebrow at her, his dark eyes glittering. Before she could reply, she heard Mammon shouting across the cafeteria.

"Hey, Cassandra! I got you some food so hurry up and eat it before Beel gets here." He was waving at her from several tables away. A couple of demons looked up at his loud shouting.

Solomon laughed, "They really don't leave you alone do they?" He gave her an amused look.

She shook her head and stood up, "They really don't. I'll talk to you later, Solomon." She got up and walked over to Mammon, who was giving her an annoyed look as he impatiently drummed his fingers on the table.

"Whatcha talkin' to that creep Solomon for?" He grumbled as she sat next to him.

"Mammon I was just giving him his pendant back. Anyways, I'm touched you got me lunch, I wasn't expecting that from you." She gave him a teasing grin as he pushed her tray over.

"W-well, I noticed ya haven't been eatin' lunch like ya supposed ta. So I figured I'd better make sure ya eat somethin' before ya get sick since you're my responsibility an all. You better pay me back later." He turned his head away but she noticed his ears were red.

"Alright." She chuckled as she ate her lunch. She'd been having fun teasing him lately since he had been making it so easy. She wasn't sure why he was getting so flustered around her.

Later that night she was laying in bed thinking about the man in the attic. She wasn't planning on helping him, as it was clear he was hiding something from her. But she couldn't help but be curious as to why he was locked up in the first place. Her D.D.D went off and she looked to see that Mammon had sent her some messages.

She sighed, he was demanding she meet him in the kitchen. It crossed her mind to simply tell him to fend for himself but she remembered how he'd gotten her lunch earlier that day even though he didn't have to. She looked over at Kieran who was sleeping next to her. She felt a twinge of jealousy that he could sleep so soundly.

Rolling out of bed, she left for the kitchen, not bothering to change out of her pajamas.

"Took ya long enough." Mammon grumbled as she walked in. He stopped to look her over.

"Why are ya walkin' around dressed like that?!" He said, flustered.

"What? It's just my pajamas Mammon, not lingerie. Nothing you haven't already seen." She sauntered over to him.